Tuesday, March 20, 2007

A weekend of fun and more.


I almost took a picture of the sunrise this morning... but didn't have the energy to stand up from the love sac, where I was lying with Sophia... as it was much earlier than I like to "stand up" at all. I could swear she JUST got over a cold, but now she's got a brand new barking cough. Why can't one cold just exempt them from the rest. Like, they've done their time, they should be able to be healthy for a while! So needless to say, she was up before the crack of dawn... now that dawn happens a little later I guess. 5:30 or so. Poopy diaper which is totally out of routine, and hacking cough. So we hung in the love sac and watched our friends, the Little Einsteins. I really did see a beautiful sunrise out the window a while later and think, "I should take a picture of that." Now I realize why it was extra pink, we have CLOUDS today! (Hence the seemingly unexciting picture.)

Blogging has connected me to lots of long distance friends I didn't keep in touch with before. This means we are all made aware of the different circumstances in which we live. Weather- being a big one. Some of us are cooped up in the winter hiding from snow and freezing temperatures and awaiting a blue skied, sunshiney day. Some of us, on the other hand, myself included, enjoy blue skied, shineshiney days all winter, and then SUFFER (no sarcasm involved here) through blue skies and sunshiney days in the summer. The sky never changes, but the temperatures do. This past weekend already broke 100. The sunshine is not so welcome when it zaps all energy and turns your and your daughter's face into a sweaty tomato. SO- my point with all of that? Today looks like it's going to be a cloudy day! At least part of it. And that is really, really good news. Good enough to make up for the 5:30 start to the day.

So the weekend was an especially fun one. We had our friends Lindsay and Wes from Vegas come down and stay with us for the Pacific Life Open Tennis Tournament. Lindsay and I were in the same major at BYU and worked in the same group in our big capstone class and so spent quite a bit of time together. Luckily she was one that made working into the wee hours of the night fun. Good company. So of course we love that they only live a few hours away (that's right, there's a short cut to Vegas from here that's just over 3 hours.) They're pregnant with their first right now, and just found out (with 90% assurity) that it's a BOY! It was fun to see her with her barely there bump. Congrats Linds and Wes!

I am ashamed of both of us since we each have blogs and neither of us managed to take a picture together. Lindsay put a super cute one of Sophia on her blog, and all I really got was one of Sophia playing football with Wes. It will have to do, just so I can prove they were really here.

18 month shots today. Yuck. We'll see if they still want to do them even though she's getting sick. I HATE shots and feel the WORST empathy watching my little girl get pricked. Yuck. Did I already say that? Yuck.

9 comments:

Missy said...

We're having a cloudy day too...it's kinda fun, especially when the babies are sick. That way you don't feel like you are missing out on swimming, grass playing etc.

I hope poor Sophia gets better soon. Avery has been fighting it for the past week as well.

Laci said...

We have clouds today too (in Vegas) and I LOVE it!! It really is the best when you know what's to come in the summer. Sorry about the shots, that is one thing I have to say DOES NOT get easier with multiple kids. I get sick to my stomach and tear up every time it happens! Not fun at all :(

Michelle said...

hey lillie. :) glad to be back. hooray for the love sac it sounds like. that way you can snuggle the little one, get a little more horizontal time, and not feel guilty about the "baby in mama's bed" dilemma.(I never knew that word had two mm's until my firefox picked up the spelled wrong word.)

anyway, your fam living in seattle will probably laugh about this post, and how many other people are happy about cloudy skies. unfortunately, my cloudy skies also mean windy and COLD temperatures. so I'll just pretend I'm at your house, and the clouds are a good sign.

D-dawg said...

I feel the same frustration with one cold after another, and endless sicknesses. There are millions of viruses out there and every time your child gets sick with a virus it is one they've never had before! I just learned that so I had to share. I hope she'll start to sleep in a little for you. We love little Einsteins too!

Lindsay Griffeth said...

I absolutely agree with your comments on the weather. We actually have a cloudy day too which has been nice.

Great to see you guys. I'll let you know when/if the 90% becomes 100%! :)

Becky said...

it was a couldy day here in arizona also. i was really sad because it was my only day off from work in a while and all i wanted to do was lay out by the pool and get some sun. i will pray for all my blogging friend's sick babies.

The Marriotts said...

I, also love the connection with long distance friends through blogging!! It's so much fun to keep in touch with you, Lillie, even though I kept in touch with you in my heart always!! Colds are the worst, because they can't drink their sipper cup and breathe at the same time from the stuffy nose. I'm sorry Sophia's sick. We just got back from San Diego, (I know what you're thinking..."and you didn't call me?!!") We thought about stopping by on the way home by Rancho Cucamando(spelled right?) but we left so early in the morning on Friday, but anyway, I'll email you the rest of the story so I don't have to have a super long comment. (as usual:) It was a girly trip, with my mom, Jul's, my grandma, and Lillie. We usually fly from Salt Lake, but we decided to brave the drive. Probably won't do that again for a while. Also another reason we didn't stop by!! We're coming down this summer, I promiss we'll get together. Maybe we can meet at your mom's or something. Love ya!!

S.A.S. said...

And we here on the East coast were just rejoicing about our nearly 70 degree day. I went walking at 6:30am with only a fleece! Ha. We'll catch up to you pretty soon... pile on our humidity, and then we'll be swapping hellacious tales of summer heat. In the meantime, soak up whatever's left of your 'spring' as we get ready for ours.

Did I ever get back to you on E. coast dates?? I can't remember what the last word was on that but I'm ANTSY!!!

Hope Sophia feels better soon. Colds are the worst to have AND see someone suffer through.

Missy said...

PS Lil, I love that whenever you tell us of a pregnant friend you include what they are having. I love knowing whether people are having a boy or a girl. Not sure why...