Thursday, March 22, 2007

Her Mother's Daughter







So did I say how much I love cloudy days? We had another one yesterday... a few rain drops even! It felt like Hawaii to me; moist cool air, slightly warm breeze (a little contradicting I know) , palm trees, thick puffy clouds... I just can't believe what the weather can do to my mood! It felt so good to be outside, after running some errands and having to turn my windshield wipers on for a minute on the way home, we ran around the backyard until Ross got home from work... and then we ran around some more. It was so obvious that Sophia loved the change as well. After witnessing her flushed cheeks on the 100 degree day, I have to believe she feels like me and will always be more comfortable in cooler temperatures. She is so her mother's daughter.
Since clouds make for better pictures and we so rarely get them, of course I had to pull out the camera and snap a few. I mean could her eyes get any more blue!? Ok and maybe I'm also terrified that every cloudy day might be our last for several months. Gotta captures those happy memories, to remind us why we live here in the middle of the summer.

11 comments:

Michelle said...

what great pictures! I'm so glad you would think to take a few, then share them with the rest of us! I love the contrast...her beautiful blue eyes, the cleanest white pants I've ever seen an 18-month old in, the green green grass, her prettiest mama with beautiful skin and EVERYTHING else...awesome :)

Unknown said...

Lillie-I am so covetous of your life it's not funny. You're more beautiful than you've ever been, your daughter is stunning, and all of these pictures of your house and your backyard and your perfect husband, and swimming pools! The only consolation I have is that you deserve it. Why don't I hate you?

Lindsay Griffeth said...

That bright blue shirt looks so good on her! Her eyes are always very blue....but they are incredibly blue with that shirt on! I love it with the white pants. So cute.

Lindsay Griffeth said...

And I agree with Michelle & Rebecca ~ you look beautiful.

Lillie said...

This is totally why I started a blog... for the compliments.

Keep 'em coming! ;)

S.A.S. said...

More compliments:
You really are excessively beautiful Lil, from every angle. And Sophia looks smashing in an outfit that I can see YOU wearing (with a wide belt of some kind of course). I love your green grass (how do you grow that in the desert??), and few drops of rain. Hooray for your clouds (as ours finally clear).

Missy said...

I was thinking the same about your green, green grass?! But, I have to admit the colors are fabulous. The cloudy sky, blue shirt, white pants...am I just repeating what everyone else said? I feel like I am. It looks perfect Lillie. And yes, you are beautiful.

D-dawg said...

Sophia's eyes do look so blue!! They are pretty. I'll wish more clouds upon you guys.

Taylor said...

Lillie, you should come to Seattle to visit. We have the same problem you do with the lack of cloudy days up here...wait...not really. But you could get LOTS of pictures! :o)

Taylor said...

by the way, brooke has decided she can't ever look at your blog again because it depresses her (all your redecorating (which we can't afford), the sun, the wonderful weather, etc.) i think she'll come around soon enough and make another visit...

me :) said...

Hi! How's this for random?...you were in my ward at byu...and you lived in the tortilla flat...and I lived in the hottage cottage. :) Your family is SUPER cute and I just love your blog!