Monday, March 26, 2007

A "Productive" Weekend

(Mike, Mel, and Heath on the porch of their new little Laguna Beach house.)



(Sophia with her cousin, Heath at Melisa's.)


So I won the lottery this weekend. We went down to my sister, Melisa's house in Encinitas (San Diego) to "help" her with her big moving sale... and by help I mean to take anything she didn't sell. We were EXtremely helpful. This is the sister I've mentioned before who has a beautiful house decorated even more beautifully. I've always loved anything and everything she picks out... probably a combination of factors: she has a degree in Interior Design, she's artistic and just has REALLY great tastes, and she's my big sister... so she's inherently cool to me. So when she said they were selling their big house and "downsizing" to a super cute little house across the Pacific Coast Highway in Laguna Beach (walking distance from the beach!!! Can you imagine?!), I definitely had my hopes. It pays to live close to GENEROUS, stylish siblings.

So she had already made us a deal: a couch and armoire for some babysitting.... not bad eh? We had scheduled a Uhaul to get those back home, which came in pretty handy as we bought a few more things from her before the moving sale, and then of course cleared her out post sale. I'm sure some pictures of my fun new decor might find their way to the blog in the near future. THANK YOU Mel and Mike!

8 comments:

Michelle said...

Hooray for a few pictures! Did you take any more of the house itself?

I know we're ALL looking forward to seeing some of the lottery winnings. Where will you put the couch and armoire? need to get rid of any of YOUR stuff now? can I bring my own uhaul? :)

hooray for older sibs too...they are just cool by name and birth order, I think.

Lindsay Griffeth said...

I'd love to see pictures of the stuff you got! How fun!

Older sisters are pretty cool. I guess I can say I'm cool b/c I am an older sister? :) My older sister rocks (and my little one too). I think sisters in general are the best.

D-dawg said...

YAY! That is so fun to get free stuff! A friend of mine moved last year and we got a couple of things and I was so excited about it forever. You have to post picture for us.

Missy said...

Post pictures Lillie. Of the stuff. You can't leave us hanging like that. Unbelievably hip and quality stuff without photos? I'm dying.

The Marriotts said...

Yeah for you!!! It's like that old saying, 'one man's junk is another man's treasure'. Only Melissa's stuff is hardly junk, it's beautiful. I love that you brought a U-Haul and were there ready for the leftovers. I would have been trying to talk the customers out of their purchases, haha!!Congratulations on the new stuff!!

Lauren said...

Please share the pictures so we can all covet your new, nice things! Looks like a fun weekend.

Becky said...

wow-i want sisters that give awesome things away like that. they all have very cute style and i envy what they've done with their homes, but i am afraid if they are getting rid of something there is probably a reason for it. post some of the things you got, i want to see. i need serious decorating help.

Unknown said...

See, I'm jealous again. This has got to stop Lillie.