Wednesday, March 28, 2007

The Booty

Here is our essentially "new" living room. The couch, the ratan chairs, the cushions and pillows, the lamp, even the little blue vase, and the pot for the fake palm (it's been sporting the black plastic all this time) are ALL from Melisa. (Actually so is the coffee table but that was a few years ago.)



The couch



The blue vase, the plant pot, the lamp, one of the ratan chairs with it's cushion and pillows, the pillow on the black chair (two of those), the set of two bamboo in vases...


A new lamp shade in the family room along with a big pale blue Anthropology pillow (does that make me incredibly shallow that I like it more knowing that it's from Anthropology?) THE ARMOIRE! I love it! The silk peonies in a vase on top, and the silk, light blue, LONG LONG curtains. I have never bought curtains from anywhere nicer than Target. Our last ones were light green sheers that hung right above the window and still didn't touch the floor (why do they make them so short?) So needless to say these are a big step for us... I had to take the rod 8 inches higher (LOVE that)... and even though you can't tell in the picture... these one's actually block out some light.




And lots and lots of pillows!



Yeah we made out. There's more fun stuff I haven't gotten situated too... I might have to throw on a picture of the guest room after I finally get to it. Unless I have tomatoes thrown at my blog by then for gloating. Please don't think I'm gloating... I'm just SOOO grateful.

On a very different note, did anyone watch Planet Earth on Discovery? I don't watch enough of those things, but I tried to watch it with Sophia and she actually layed down with me and watched for a while. It's amazing, the creations on this planet. And sad how many animals I know almost nothing about.

6 comments:

Lauren said...

Holy cow! You really got some way AWESOME stuff! I'm SOOOO jealous and want you to become my decorator! :) If you decide that you don't want anything, please send it to Colorado. PLEASE...

D-dawg said...

WOW you did get so much! How fun is that. I love to decorate, but my problem is I always want to RE-decorate and buy new stuff. How great to get it all free!

The Marriotts said...

Okay, so I LOVE your new decor!! Do you know what's so cool about it? It fits so well with your style, and all your existing furniture! You AND Melisa have that stylish eclectic taste! I love it. I really love the Armoire! We are actually looking for one right now for our bedroom. Ross gets the best of both worlds: an ecstatic wife, AND a clean budget!! Life doesn't get any better than that!! And by the way, Lillie, you could never gloat. Even if you tried. It only comes across as grateful!! Love ya!!

Lindsay Griffeth said...

Love it all! How fun to have so many new & fun things!

Missy said...

And now I am slightly upset that you did not find a way to get my cell so I could get my hands on some of these goods. Tell me she has more stuff or another sale.

Lovely stuff. I love you for sharing the pictures so I can bask in the newness of home goods. I'm so happy for you too though. Decorating can be so, so fun especially when there isn't a price tag attached.

Becky said...

i am so jealous. i can't even imagine getting all of that stuff from a sibling. i bet it was the funnest thing ever to bring it all back and find it a home. what you have done is adorable. does it feel like a whole new place? i need a home makeover bad.