Tuesday, February 06, 2007

I love weekends


Love super bowl parties. Love junk food. Hate the aftermath. My house was a sty and my midsection... well... if one day's damage can really expand it, it did. The whole weekend was fun. Saturday we went to our little street fair, enjoyed the $4 open bag of kettle corn- filled to the rim, and a frozen lemonade. The picture above is Sophia enjoying the latter. (Note the strategically pinned bangs.) I mention only the food because the actual merchandise at this particular street fair is catered primarily to, shall we say, a wiser generation. (Did anyone notice the "geriatric” comments made on "24" about Palm Springs?... yeah, they've definitely got something.) So we just focus on the weather, the snacks, and the fact that the park is nearby.

After the street fair, we went to Ross' new office to take inventory of what he didn't have. Sophia enjoyed his swivel chair and double screen computer while we wandered the office stealing ideas. Today I think I'll go pick up some stuff.
Very exciting news, my sister-in-law, Kim is GIVING me her old, black, oval, pedestal kitchen table from Pottery Barn in exchange for a weekend of babysitting!!! Yeah, not quite an even trade. I'm SOOO excited because a while back I found a black hutch for my dining room on sale at Target for $75. Yup. So I got it (as a Birthday gift from my mom), but my dining room has looked so silly with the black hutch and a cherry dining table. It seems too good to be true. A matching dining room! I can't wait to decorate it, now that it will have so much promise. Pictures to come I'm sure.

9 comments:

Lindsay Griffeth said...

You definitely have to take pictures of your new dining room. How fun is that! I love black furniture and one day want a big hutch in my house.

Also, take pictures of what you end up doing to Ross' office. I always love to see what you come up with!

I too, love weekends.

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of Sophia at the office...it gives me such a wonderful feeling of what it must be like to have a real family (with a toddler)who admires her Dad's BIG job, BIG chair, and BIG important computer...I remember feeling that way about my Dad's office when I was at an impressionable young age (probably older than Sophia, but same idea.) I felt so cherished knowing that although my dad had all this important looking work, I knew without a doubt that I was the most important phone call he took all day even just to tell him what I ate for lunch...
Good memories, how I cherish my Dad.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I just read what I composed...a few huge grammer problems, that is why it is a good idea to read before publishing...sorry about that. I really do have a college education, and am a fairly decent writer.

Lillie said...

Don't know what grammer problems you're talking about Marnie... didn't catch one. Maybe I'm the one that looks unegukated.

The Marriotts said...

Lillie, I FINALLY figured out how to comment on your blog! Now I can comment on all of your adorable pictures and funny things you say! Congrats, to Ross on the new office...that's very exciting. I love the picture of Sophia "helping" dad at work. The street fair looked fun...I'm jealous of your nice weather. It is officially 36* in Salt Lake today, which is isn't bad considering. Okay, I'm dieing to see your bangs!! You need to take them out of your "strategically pinned" thing and take a picture. I'm sure they're so cute, you're so gorgeous, you could pull anything off. Love ya, Lill

The Marriotts said...

I spelled dying wrong...hate that.

S.A.S. said...

i also loved your comment marnie - dad's are the best, and seeing soph in ross's work environment made it so real that your little family is smack in the middle of REAL life. wow - TWO computer screens? that is true importance. the street fair sounds like perfect fun, and i'm SO jealous that you can do anything outside. it's 9 degrees here. 9. you look beautiful by the way. can you take ONE shot of the bangs down??

Missy said...

Love the strategically placed clip Lillie. You look so cute. And Sophia looks a lot like Ross in that picture.

Can we go to the street fair when we come visit. Kettle corn? Yum.

Devin has two computer screens too! We went to visit him a couple weeks ago and I was amazed. The mouse travels from one screen to the other.

Michelle said...

I remember feeling exactly the way about palm springs that you described when I would go and visit my grandma there (case in point, I suppose.) I always wondered, "Do any REAL people live here?" So I'm glad you can help with that population level. it seemed to be an arrival point..somewhere that people could go after they'd succeeded in normal, cold, less fabulous life. so way to make it early. :)
And hooray for a husband who will take some shots of his pretty girls for the rest of us to enjoy! :) thanks ross!