Thursday, October 14, 2010

One for the girls, one for the boy


Filling my brain with all sorts of ideas for the shared "big girl room" coming up. If only I didn't love like a billion different styles. Did you see this cute one from the new Lonny? I did Sophia's nursery in orange and pink forever ago, so I thought I was over that--- but I'm loving it here.

But on a completely different track, this is a super simple version of something I made after I fell in love with the turquoise wall room in this post. I've got two OLD headboards I bought for 5 bucks each when Ross and I FIRST got married... at a garage sale. They've been sitting in our backyard for um--- over 2 years... and I keep meaning to have Ross throw them away. But now I'm thinking... maybe I'll paint 'em? They don't look quite like the one's above-- just a fill-in shape. But I did already get the rug and shams on sale at Anthro.... knowing I could return them if I change my mind (which I do often) since we have one in town now!!!! That cute print is somewhere on etsy. I think it's the same girl who does the boy walking the lion. I love her stuff.


Have I blogged this one yet? I love this pretty natural color palette. I did buy a big map from costco like a year ago that's still rolled up and tucked away.... Now if only that crib were not like a billion dollars. I'm going to need to make some decisions soon---- I feel like the weekends between now and the baby are going to fly by with all of the bustle. And Ross said if I got the paint, he'd paint the baby's room and the girl's room on a Saturday....

But at my rate, I'll lose steam and the little guy will just sleep in Mila's nursery and Mila will sleep on Sophia's floor.

Why am I so bad at making decisions?!

Can you tell I'm nesting? All I want to do is reorganize and decorate this place. Everything else just keeps getting in the way. Sheesh.

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

We are redoing our big girl's room.. Emma is almost ready to lose the crib. It is taking forever! I bought some cute bedding on sale at Target... but I hate that I have to now commit to a whole color scheme... I guess I can always return it! When I first saw the thumbnail on my reader for this post I thought you had finished your girls' room!!! One of those pics looks a little like the one of Mila with the sunglasses! Anyway, Good luck with it all! I'm sure it's going to be gorgeous!

Jennifer said...

BTW, the room construction is taking forever, not Emma losing the crib! LOL. I just reread my comment. We are converting the den that we use for the girls' room into and actual bedroom. Moving the location of the door and building a closet, bookshelves and hopefully a window seat. THAT is what's taking forever! Thanks for posting your desigin ideas. You inspire me :)

Lindsay Griffeth said...

how fun! a big GIRLS room!

You can't go wrong with any of the styles . . .

Unknown said...

(It's Sarah Jane Studios on etsy.)

I like all this talk about room decor!

Rachelle said...

Sooo cute! I really love the second one with the great Anthropologie rug. Great choices! Can't wait to see you in a couple months! Love and miss you...terribly! My sunshine girl!