Friday, October 29, 2010

Before and After so far...


A Before:


So it's a little like a body-for-life before-and-after where during their before photo, they stick out their gut and avoid the sun for weeks prior.... pictures on ground, unfinished paint in corner, but it's the only picture I could find of my family room "before" since I've never loved this room and therefore ONLY took a picture once to show my paint job.

Here are some more afters---

With the new sectional from Sofacraft, the new bamboo shades from overstock, and two options for rugs.... the first, the Isola Bella rug half off!! at Anthro. Sorry just looked.... think they're gone.

The second, a zebra hide from ebay! I searched for one of these forever finding nothing that looked decent for less than 400.... and then finally tried ebay... tons for like 200. And it's beautiful. I love it. But I love both.... they both have an alternate home in the new girls or baby's room...

which looks best in the family room???


And this was a craigslist find that I put new gold ring pulls on.... I think I plan on putting them on all of the drawers even thought it only came with pulls down the middle three. Jenny shared these pulls on the Little Green Notebook... I LOVE them. Did you see this post for the ikea "hack of all hacks"--- gorgeous. I kind of want them on every drawer in my house now.

Still plenty of work to do... something over the tv.... I planned on cheap ikea bookshelves on both sides of the dresser for storage, decor, baskets, ugly tv stuff... but not sure how that will fit with the plant.

Speaking of plant, still need to paint the pot white or buy a new one at Ikea.
Wish I had hard wood floors--- don't we all. But I decided even while completely unnecessary, I'm going for rugs over carpet--- because the patterns make me oh so happy. Even atop ugly cheap, stained, carpet. And maybe they'll hide some stains.

AND--- I'm dying to build some simple white mantel over mine to cover all the tile... I love these: The top left seems the most realistic... and then I might have to paint my mirror white... I LOVE the one on the top right if you look close---and of course I love the bottom left that my sister had built... hmm....

12 comments:

JMay said...

Wow! What a difference, it looks absolutely fantastic!

Paul*Anne*Cohen*Addison said...

You do such a great job making rooms look fresh and crisp! Love the first rug. I think the zebra would be super cute in the girls room
PS You're a GORGEOUS prego lady, I saw the pumpkin patch pictures and wanted to kick you for thinking otherwise!

Lizzie said...

Looks awesome Lillie. It's beautiful

brooke said...

love it...and I choose zebra for the family room. It just looks chic to me.

Rachelle said...

Love the first rug...but I agree with Brooke that the zebra one adds a chic element to the room. I guess I just like the beautiful color from the other one.

inge said...

I think it is gorgeous I love your subtle mix of colours and patterns. You should be so proud

inge said...

Sorry forgot to say I also prefer the Zebra too. I love the contrast.
But that is not to say the other rug is not lovely also.

Heidi McMillan said...

You are so talented. I like the first rug. Good luck choosing

Lacy said...

I love it. The circular one is my favorite. Please come decorate my house.

Adrienne said...

Came over from your photo blog. Love your stuff. Can you tell me where the image (top left) of the white mirror came from?

Unknown said...

I like what you've done with your room, and I can't help but stare at the zebra print rug, because I also have a zebra rug that's almost looks the same as yours. Though carpets are somewhat easy to stain and I can manage to clean off the minor stains, but whenever I encountered a stain that is very hard to clean, I called for the carpet cleaners (Portland cleaners) to get it all cleaned up.

Serving my household for a long time, the carpet cleaners in Portland, Oregon has passed the test of time in regularly fixing my carpets.

Amanda Petersen said...

i love your blog! although i'm not sure how i found it? :)

i have a question about your sofa-- it's great! do you like it? i've heard of sofacraft, and i'm intrigued... i'd love to get your thoughts on their products! thanks!

mikeandmandypetersen.blogspot.com