Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Usually I look at some blogs, do some dishes, and eat some peanut-butter malt balls...

But today, during Mila's nap, I did this:

BEFORE:

sort of AFTER:
Well-- I couldn't get that corner behind the armoire until tonight when Ross got home and moved it for me, but besides that--- it seriously took like 2 hours. Why does it seem SOOOO daunting? It felt so much more productive than my.... usual routine.

Now---- unfortunately with the blue, there's like 5 more projects that popped out that NEED to be done. But I like it. The whole room was just WAY too tan... my couch is greenish, the blinds that came with the house are brown, the armoire's brown---- too much warmth. I was burning up in there. And blue is the only way I know how to fix that--- :) So there you have it. One more blue room in my house-- and I already feel so much happier in there. I'll try to remember to snap an "after" once it's really put together. I think I'll spray the two frames on the left white, move the armoire upstairs and work on getting some low, white-lacquered something-or-other from ikea for the tv... oh and build some simple white hearth to cover that ugly tile. :) Easy peasy. Hah.

Can you paint tile? That I can do. Would it just look like ugly WHITE tile?

11 comments:

Lacy said...

I think it looks great!

Jlowryjr said...

I agree. It looks good.

Don't paint the tile. The surface is wrong for paint and I think it would look cheap. You'd be better off covering it up.

M said...

awkward blog comment intro: My name is Micaela Webb. I found your blog through Sarah's (who I met in DC) or Missy's (Who I met at BYU) blog. I love your photography and style. Hope you don't mind me checking your blog occasionally. I just thought I would introduce myself. And now I have a favor (can you believe the nerve? Who is this person?) :D What is the name of the paint you used? I love it! I have been searching for a blue for one of my basement walls.

My blog is philwebbfamily(dot)blogspot(dot)com

Anyhow, hello. Nice to meet you.

The McKiernan's said...

a newcomer to your blog! Hi, Im Chelsea :) I think the room looks great, good job!!

alliehoopes said...

you're fabulous. cover it up with beadboard. if you lived closer to me life would be better because i'd come help you. also holy moly i was going through blogs and you're on sheena's!! way to go winner!!

Lindsay Griffeth said...

PLEASE keep posting pictures of your AMAZING house! I always get inspired. :)

And I too, am addicted to blue paint.

Paul*Anne*Cohen*Addison said...

If you ever decide to get rid of that armoire, I'm ALLLLL over it. I'll even pay you for it :) haha We are dying for something to protect our tv from Cohen smacking it with various objects :)

Rachelle@atticgals.blogspot.com said...

Nothing like a paint job to transform things. So satisfying!

Michelle said...

looks fabulous. i sigh with lust. :)

Karley said...

If Ann changes her mind about the armoire, I will pay you for it too...Good job Lillie, I can't believe you did all that yourself just during a nap time.

summer said...

hi lillie! just wanted you to know that i spent about an hour scrolling back into your blog last night. your photography is beautiful- and what a darling family! also, i completely love the blue paint job. it's really inspiring me. thanks for the reminder that painting can be done in one afternoon!

will be coming back! i just love your li'l spot.

ps. my first thought when i came over here was, 'wow. i want her hair.' it's amazing.