My sweet sister, Lacy is about ready to have her third baby, and is feeling it. She blogged about it here--- and all I could think of was how much I wish I could relieve her burden a little bit. My kids are at a good phase, I'm NOT pregnant, and life is pretty smooth.
But then this afternoon we had to LEAVE a friend's house which is always like the end of the universe, and my kids got grumpy, and I got grumpy--- and sometimes when I'm grumpy I start making lists of things I don't like in my head. Just to feed the fire, of course. I know I should be counting my blessings since I'm not bursting with child and nursing two ear-infections like my sister is--- but instead, I took the misery-loves-company approach. And decided to bullet some things I don't like. Why not?
Here are some things I'm NOT enjoying, today.
-Living so far from Lacy -- and not having a live-in nanny like Angelina so I can just fly out and stay with her to help after she has her little boy.
- Potty training
- The owie on Mila's cheek that she keeps picking in bed so bad that I'm worried she'll make a permanent scar. On that gorgeous baby-girl skin.
- That I've had two different friends come to me post-baby to borrow my clothes until they can fit back into theirs. Good for the ego. I get it Rachelle.... it only makes sense.... but still--- I'm like the Lane Bryant of the neighborhood. Cool.
- That after my camera workshop, I wish I bought the OTHER outrageous lens instead of the outrageous lens I did buy.
- In general- buyers remorse. I really hate buyers remorse. And I get it almost inevitably if I buy something over $100.
- That I can waste so much money on things under $100 and then wonder where it all went. Target!!!!! You home-wrecker!!!!! (Not yet, but I could imagine that marriages could be ruined... it seems most husbands prefer to keep their wives far far away from it's wonderfully stocked shelves. I love you Target... forever and ever.)
- My tan walls--- why does it feel like as soon as I moved in and painted my walls-- I also became addicted to design blogs where walls are white, floors are wood, and life is clearly just SOOOOOOOO much better. just kidding. But really--- can you do white walls when you have tile, tract home carpet, and tiny baseboards? I'm thinking it has to be part of a whole package. Where are all these hard-wood floor homes with cool moldings and slanted ceilings coming from anyway?? Not desert-suburbs, USA... I'll tell you that...
- That I can't keep a clean car. I'm disgusting. It's a part of my life I'm so ashamed of. And the worst part is that I'm so used to it that sometimes I forget and let someone peek their head in. It's not until I see them try to suppress the shudder that I remember that old milk-sippies, squished grapes and a half-eaten hot-dog on the floor are not normal. And don't smell good. Ross, why did you marry me? I'm disgusting. Seriously, I once ate a little 100-calorie-cookie out of Mila's car seat because I was hungry--- and it was there. It was in my mouth for point 5 seconds before I tasted the desitin. Meaning, a: I was.... eating desitin, and b: I was eating a cookie that had been TOUCHING the desitin. uhhhh... don't know about you but I only put desitin one place. I'm DISgusting.
- The fact that I can't post any random old photos because I'm using my new imac and don't have any on here yet and CAN'T figure out how to get it to open up my external hardrive. Any pointers??? I googled it and it looks like I might need to reformat the external, and erase everything in the process?? What a pain.
- Negative Nancies. Sorry--- I'm done. I know it was all pretty serious. Life is rough.