Monday, January 19, 2009

Did I mention Ross had a birthday?

(I bet you didn't think I'd copy you this soon Missy.) She did a list of a 100 things for their anniversary which falls on the same day as Ross' birthday. January 17th. I couldn't help myself. In honor of my hubby's 31 years on this earth, here it is, 31 things about him.
1. He shares his food with me, even if it's the last good bite.
2. He LOVES being a daddy.
3. He remembers our love story better than me.
4. He's really strong, and sees every chance to do the heavy lifting as a workout.
5. He's still "72 and sunny"-- just like his parents always said.
6. He has broad shoulders.
7. And a great jaw.
8. He gives killer talks in church.
9. He loves golf, basketball, wake boarding and surfing... and anything active really...
10. He doesn't swear.
11. He flosses every night.
12. And plays games with me even though I'm overly competitive and a little bit mean when I play.
13. He sings to the girls.
14. And has nearly perfect feet. I happen to like feet.
15. He thinks I'm funny.
16. And reads my blog.
17. He appreciates the work I do all day, and tells me I'm a good mom.
18. He wants to learn to play the piano.
19. He's a self-proclaimed family man.
20. He works harder than most people.
21. He likes healthy food and probably would only eat healthy if I didn't bake treats so often.
22. He speaks Portuguese beautifully.
23. He keeps chivalry alive. Opened my door until I finally told him I'd rather him start the car and have the air-conditioning going sooner.
24. He's inherently good. One of those. Born to fight for the good guys.
25. He hates olives.
26. And likes vanilla-based ice creams
27. and snickers cheesecake
28. He cries when his girls do something precious.
29. He's a horrible liar, and I can spot the smirk a mile away when he is. First time I saw it was when he tried to fake the "oh hey didn't see you there" at BYU when I knew he'd seen me minutes before and was nonchalantly waiting for me to exit the library and 'run into' him.
30. He looks really cute in that white jumpsuit and hat he has to wear during my c-sections... I don't know if it's because I don't have to suffer labor pains and find someone to blame for them, but my love for him felt bigger than ever on those two occasions. I can still see him in my mind's eye.
31. He loves ME.




























A few birthday pictures: his present- the keyboard--a storeable, affordable, quiet way to learn the piano, we're hoping, we played a little American Idol and Guitar Hero with some friends... (and TOTALLY need a Wii now) and Ross' parents drove down his NEW CAR! Goodbye 95 Acura Integra-- I've known you as long as I've known my husband. We've seen some good times-- but you will not be missed.

7 comments:

Sarie said...

Oh, such a great list! He's a great husband! And I love the "he thinks I'm funny", cause that's my favorite thing ever about Jake.

Lizzie said...

#29...I've seen that smirk before. Definitely a Ross trademark.

Jlowryjr said...

Happy belated birthday Ross. You're the dreamiest.

And nice new ride.

Becky said...

is that a honeybun on that breakfast plate? what is it with guys and honeybuns? so funny. happy bday ross!!

S.A.S. said...

Big hug from the East. Happy Birthday to Ross, keeper of 3 incredible girls. How happy a friend is to see her friend loved the way Lillie is. Thank you for being Captain America to your beautiful family.

Missy said...

January 17th IS a great day! Happy Birthday Ross (and Lillie, I love the 31 Things)!

Rebecca Smylie said...

Wow. Levi also had a birthday this week. You got Ross a car...I got Levi dinner. Glad blogging isn't a man's thing...