20 weeks on Monday... I'm half way there!
- No nausea since like 10 weeks... I got LUCKY this time. If I get really hungry, my gag reflex kicks in a little strong, but I'm good at eating, so I've got that covered.
- All foods sound good. Especially sandwiches covered in pepperoncinnis... and sushi... not on a sandwich, just normal sushi. Good thing I'm not SUPPOSED to eat sushi right now. yikes.
- Energy level--- ehhh--- it's been better... it's been worse. I think as long as I drag myself to bed after midnight and get woken up by two little scurrying mice by 6am.... I'm going to feel at best---- ehhh. I'm usually tired.
- I know I complain about this a lot-- but I really don't know what to wear right now. I stay in my work-out clothes for most of the day and dread even finding a t-shirt to throw on with sweats around the house. The whole world looks like they're shrinking to me... and I am Amazon Woman.
- A continuation, but that bullet was getting too long--- I feel like I'm growing so quickly. Everywhere. I think I may even be forming two new stretch marks. Stretch marks. Before 20 weeks! That doesn't even make sense. But I swear I'm seeing the beginnings, and I'm a little concerned for what that means for the next 20 weeks. A lot. concerned.
- The worst discomfort is my back slash sciatic. The sciatic pain can be nothing or like a 20 on a scale of 1-10. It's just so extreme and when it strikes, I feel like a hundred-year-old lady--- dragging my legs in a shuffle to get around.
- My skin gets really pretty when I'm pregnant. I can see the red patch on my chin in both of my hospital photos with the births of my girls. And now, in the mirror. It must be something hormonal.
- I know I'm sounding very lovely. A stretch-marked, red-chinned, leg-shuffling 100 yr old lady in spandex. Pregnancy does wonders for my vanity.
- BUT--- I get smiles from strangers all the time now (if I'm wearing something tight where they're less confused and more certain).
- Sophia talks and makes silly faces to my belly all day long and tells me how much she's going to LOVE this baby. Any time she bumps my belly--- she worries she's hurt him and apologizes to him.
- I'm growing a BABY. It never gets old to me. And while I will ALWAYS find it very easy to form a long list of grievances, I love to be pregnant. I hate it, but I really love it. Every night when I go to sleep, I rest my hands on my belly to feel him and fall asleep with that little rush of excitement that something very -----big---- is happening in our lives. And it just makes the list seem so much shorter.