Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Just another hump-day post.

I meant to say in my last post--- what great friends do I have (and really nice strangers) offering so much advice for Sophia's mystery sickness? I usually feel like I underestimate things... and then find out it's something I should have been treating. Or like most things are untreatable so it's not worth figuring out, but this time I really thought it was something more serious, for like a day at least. Or at least that morning while I blogged it.... but.... she was fine. She still has a bit of a hoarse voice (which I love) but her laboured breathing etc. was pretty much gone by Monday morning. The more advice I got, the more I ruled them out... no attacks at night, no steam needed... and now we're pretty out of the woods. Hooray! Glad I got all versed in croup for next time though. :)

Besides that--- nothing new here. Took some pictures for a family Monday with four boys ages 12-19. Holy moly. That was a new challenge, arranging that many grown bodies! I have a new EXTRA load of respect for family photographers. It's so much HARDER than it looks! Thank goodness this was like the nicest family you've ever met, so they were super patient and willing to get wet bottoms from the flower patch for me. The dad reminds me of Ross... if that gives you an idea of JUST how nice we're talking. :) Check them out on my photoblog. Here's one in case you're not a link-clicker.

I can't believe it's almost May. May's a big one for us... or for Ross I should say. Our anniversary (6 years!), my b-day (28 years!), and of course Mother's Day (nearing 4 years!) ;) I made him swear when we decided to get married in May that he would never combine my presents and that I would always get three separate holidays. (Again with the demanding... I swear I have redeeming qualities and that I'm not dreadful to be married to.) Anyway-- funny how things change with time.. turns out now I want all sorts of ridiculously expensive things like a new camera and a couple of lenses and SOME day... a bed. Like something more than our metal frame under the mattress. So I WELCOME this plethora of holidays we call May. And now I even seem to find myself convincing him we can borrow money from my next Christmas, or my NEXT birthday, and what is this I hear of "push presents"... pretty sure I've earned two of those even though I didn't technically push ... and shouldn't a girl get a present for Memorial Day anyway? Add 'em all up... now we're talking.

(I feel the need to assure that I am not entirely greedy, worldly, and materialistic. like I said... redeeming qualities... promise...)

4 comments:

Kym said...

Oh how I love the Broadheads! They are GREAT! and look fantastic. Great job, Lillie. I'm glad you're getting all this pratice w/families...I've got you on speed dial when we need a BIG family shoot.

As for birthday months...that's what we believe in in our family...a whole birthday month. Not one of us has the same month to share. Its great. I told Chris when we got married we couldn't have any kids in my month...not sharing! :) What a great example, huh? Don't worry... I know you have redeeming qualities. Me, too! :)

Hannah said...

So I am Ambyr Nielsen's younger sister and I LOVE how you photograph so I like to check your blog and see all of your amazing work. Anyway, my purpose for commenting is that I have a birthday, anniversary (our first in a couple weeks!) and future mothers day all within like 10 days. I made my husband swear the same thing. I like to think its not greedy, and I also like to think our husbands probably like to spoil us anyway, so don't feel bad ;-) Now we just call it Cinco-De-Hannah. You should start the Cinco-De-Lillie tradition, its awesome!

Anonymous said...

I think the number of comments to that post speaks volumes......

Lillie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.