Wednesday, April 22, 2009

I'm 400 posts old!

I have a minute to blog. I decided to put both girls down after not having planned to. So now I've got this little window I didn't plan on having and I felt like writing... but then I went to hit "new post" and saw that today would be my 400th post! It feels like some sort of milestone, or anniversary... like I should blog about something important, and profound, or at the least, interesting.

I got nothin'.

So I'm still racking my brain as I write this. I looked through some old pictures for something I forgot to post about... eh. There's a few things. Nothing that beautiful or exciting. And I only believe in posting beautiful and exciting things so that my life seems utterly perfect. Hah! I'm kidding. But I have heard remarks like that before which baffle me since I feel like half of my posts are complaints and frustrations.... and frankly... if I'm on a good stretch without complaints and frustrations, that's a good thing for all of us right? Hmmm... where was I going?... how about the Easter egg hunt I never posted.. this was a casual church (sort of) Easter-egg hunt at a local park. Tons of families were there picnicking, we all brought eggs and "hid" them (and by hide I mean placed them in plain sight in a huge grass field) so all our kids could run around like crazy collecting them while trying to beat the stream of the sprinklers...

Are they too little... can you see the picture of all the kids in a row with their baskets and buckets and all sorts of handled-non-disposable-egg-collecting gear? And then can you see Sophia collecting eggs in a plastic Target bag I found in the back of my car? uh huh. I'm so that mom.
















































Oh and I can't get away from these collages because it's so much easier to throw a bunch in a collage and post ONE photo than to decide which ones to post and then go into my pictures and select each one individually. Just in case any one's giving me too much credit and assuming that I make them in Photoshop (which I used to do but it took like 10 times longer) nope.... Picasa. Like the easiest, most user-friendly, FREE editing program there is. I thought I was done with it when I got the new photoshop, but then my friend Rachelle brought it to my attention that they now had a collage feature and it's changed my whole world. :) I know you can do everything under the sun in Photoshop, but that doesn't mean it's the easiest way. I'm just sayin....
What else.. oh here's some proof of my celeb viewings at the Laker game... who knows, maybe I'll want that in my blurb book...

top left is the proof I was there with my cute friend Amber, (not sure if you could really make me out on the blurry blackberry picture from before)... Then of course there's a very blurry Zac Effron, bottom right is Kobe (I was SO scolded last time for spelling his name "coby"--- apparently it reflects poorly on Ross as a Laker's fan if I can't spell their philandering player's name right). Bottom left is Tori Spelling next to her husband who's next to Chuck in the yellow shirt (I don't know his real name but I watch his show... which made me feel all the more like a crazy person because I genuinely believed he was looking at me the whole night because he totally recognises me, because we're friends.... right?...
Turns out he was looking at this crazy guy who stood in my direction and shook his head like a mad-man for hours in order to get some free advertising for his business:



Word on the street is he's like the naked cowboy of Laker's Games. No I made that up. But supposedly he's always there.

Oh and ONE last thing for my incredibly random, outdated, out-of-order, poor-excuse-for-a-400th-post update--- check out the photoblog for my latest shoot of four darling sisters. Ok maybe I'd better put just one here...

9 comments:

Sarie said...

Hooray for the plastic target bag! Just made my day. Love the random updates. they're my favorite.

Kym said...

Congrats on Post #400! Keep it up. I love them.

Lindsay Griffeth said...

Thank you for revealing your collage secret. You will now see collages on my blog, too!

I've loved your 400 posts - they always make me smile!

Rachelle@atticgals.blogspot.com said...

Congratulations on 400 posts! Here's to 4,000!

Anonymous said...

May the next 400 be just as witty, honest, entertaining, graphically gorgeous, real, revealing, and Lillie as possible. (Yes, I did just make your name into an adjective.) Your blog was my first and is still my favorite read. Thanks for getting me started.

Rachelle said...

Happy 400 anniversary! I love the gigantic collage and, along with your other admires, I always enjoy reading about your happy, exciting, fun, and even normal/ordinary
days!
I just love ya!

Michelle said...

seriously, picasa doesn't do macs, what are they thinking? or maybe they are by now, I'll have to check.

the easter egg hunt looked like it was even in pleasant weather! And at least you HAVE a target bag in your car...all I have is gummied raisins and crushed pretzals. and maybe some candy wrappers. :)

Sandy said...

Lillie,

The Easter egg hunt... you have this "dark" quality to your photos that are taken in the middle of what was probably a sunny day. I'm sure it has something to do with exposure, but I'm not sure what. How DO you do it? I love, love, love it!

Lillie said...

Sandy-- actually, those one's were taken pretty late, I think I was rushing to get some with a teenie bit of sunshine but most were after the sun was behind the mountains. Besides that, I didn't really do any "processing" to those photos since I was rushing to post them, but I probably increased some highlights and shadows a little in Picasa... since it's so quick and easy and my pictures upload automatically into it. Hope that helps!