Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Weekend


I can't keep up lately. There's so much I want to blog about-- I don't know where to start. So this is one of those picture updates. It at least shows a good portion of our weekend in San Diego. Ross gave in to my request to stop on the side of the road in Hemet on the way down to snap some photos in a field. If only I'd planned for it and dressed my girls accordingly... it was like a dream come true with the long grass and the mountains in the distance. Not to mention there were like a dozen other spots besides that one that I wished we had time for. I can't figure out why we don't have places like that in the desert???... what? you don't think our 116 degree dry air can keep that luscious long grass alive? Why ever not---





Then of course we did an afternoon at the beach-- undeterred by the very chilly breeze (that's why you don't see Sophia in many of the pictures, she was face down in the stroller burrowed into my sweater, except when she was tucked underneath the lifeguard sign of course.) We chased birds, watched a small beach wedding begin, jumped off of sand dunes... and then jumped in the car and headed downtown to pick up a few of these:

That was all Saturday.... Sunday, we of course did the whole Easter thing-- at Byron and Kim's with all the cousins to keep Sophia on cloud 9 the whole time (she follows her older boy cousins around everywhere they go-- I'm glad she doesn't seem to notice that she's always chasing them...)
... I started this post last night and it's taking longer than it should so Easter day is going to have to wait....

7 comments:

Lindsay Griffeth said...

How fun! Great photos of your adventure - I'm glad you stopped on the side of the road. The green grass is BEAUTIFUL!

Still trying to come see you . . .

Missy said...

LOVE those photos with the green grass Lillie. That top one on the right of Mila in just the grass. Gorgeous.

You can never have enough green. I love, love, love it.

Lacy said...

You guys look great! It is so weird to think of anywhere in California being wet or able to sustain luscious growth. I remember driving home from Utah and being able to feel when the air regained some humidity- coming down out of the San Bernardino Mountains. Sigh. I loved it then.

I can't wait for the Easter pictures- give us lots.

Justin & Heather said...

Hey Lillie, this is Heather (used to be watkins) from CV 1st ward. Your blog is so cute, and your pictures are beautiful...what a talented mommy! Your girls are so adorable! What a cute family.

moliver said...

Okay, so I had to scroll back up to see why your girls weren't "dressed accordingly" for your beautiful geen-grassy field photo shoot. HELLO! Those are awesome! And those outfits are super cute! That looked totally planned, outfits and all.

S.A.S. said...

I'm with Missy - there's never too much green in a photo. These are just beautiful Lillie. If Ross is near, tell him it was well worth the stop. I love the MOVEMENT of wavy things in pictures - things that show a little breeze and give you more of an idea of what the atmosphere was like - like long pretty grass.

Sarie said...

That grass is perfect! My favorite is Ross hand in hand with the girls walking away from you. Very cute.