Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Part 1 of THE vacation

The view from the balcony.
The other view from the balcony.
Just... a nice view. ;)

This .. of course, is Shad and Lizzie... some of our oldest and dearest friends out here. This is our third trip to Hawaii with them. We went 5 years ago to Oahu, and 2 years ago to Kauaii. They have a timeshare with Marriott. And we have.... LUCK--- that they still like us and let us enjoy it with them. It was EVEN more fun than it looks in the photos. Really.
Paddle boarding. Not very fun this time... we were the suckers that rented the boards at like 3pm... right before they closed up, and right during the windiest, choppiest part of the day... we watched Shad and Lizzie drift down to the next town (almost) and went out to suffer the same fate. Mostly I laid on my belly and tried desperately to paddle my way back to our starting point. It was like paddling on a treadmill... worked my tail off to stay in one spot. Eventually I stopped paddling and just laid on my belly and watched Ross stand and fall... stand and fall. We got a good laugh. Cross-fit can only do so much I guess. ;)

Ooh... but (below) somehow Lizzie got a shot where I was standing. Sorry Ross.
Too bad I look like I'm sweeping. I'm going to assume that's not correct form.

Day three, we started our "adventure" of the trip. We headed toward the beginning of the road to Hana. We started in this darling little surf-town, Paia.

After Paia... we made the drive to.... Kanae (?) where we stayed in a cottage through the YMCA so we could get an early start, from a much closer point, to our to-and-through-Hana journey, where you essentially explore the GORGEOUS east side of the island. I'll save that for part 2. There are way too many pictures from that.

I just remembered I haven't seen the million photos from Lizzie's camera either. We might have a part 2 to part 1 eventually. Consider yourself warned.

11 comments:

Coordination Queen said...

Lillie, what a fun trip! You are gorgeous & so are the pictures! Makes me want to go back to Maui!

Karley said...

Lillie! I feel like I must have gotten used to the pregnant Lillie before I moved because I find you to be unrecognizable in these pictures! You are smokin! Not that you weren't when you were pregnant, but you look SO different now! Super fun trip!

Tiffany said...

Hello miss skinny gorgeous! You look incredible and the trip looks like so much fun. Totally jealous (of both...ha ha!).xo

Mandy said...

Looks gorgeous. I'm still trying to convince my husband to take me there. For some reason, he just does not want to go and I desperately want to. Maybe I will show him your pictures to help convince him. :) BTW, how in the world do you look like you've never had a baby when you have 3?!?!?!? What are you doing? and how can I do it. You look beautiful. :)

Caley-Jade Rosenberg said...

Stunning pics Lillie - of a beautiful you and an awesome trip! Thanks for sharing x

Ainsley said...

look at you miss super flat stomach... can't wait to see you in the flesh (really what have you been doing?). we are going to Hawaii next week and i can't wait!!

Katie said...

HOW are you so skinny?! You look amazing! The trip looks fun too :). Dying to talk to you about how you managed to do that with a nursing baby. We need to get away SO bad. I'll call you soon.

Lillie said...

Thank you so much for the nice comments! Obviously I picked the one flattering swim suit pic, please don't be disappointed when you see me in person. Now I feel all this pressure. ;)

Michelle said...

love these. love you. :)

Lacy said...

Come on! I am waiting for part 2 of part 1 or whatever! (You do look incredible, by the way- just when I am convinced nobody ever looks that good after having kids, you go and prove me wrong! Thanks a lot.)

Julie and Kyle said...

umm, you have a ROCKIN body.