Wednesday, June 08, 2011

BREAD


I remember when carbs first became evil back in high school. I mean for the first time in MY memory. I know Atkins came out years before, (which to me, sounds like the worst diet in the world, thank you.) But it was back--- my mom read "The Carbohydrate Addicts Diet" and relayed some of it to us and I remember it being SO new and strange to me that bread and cereal and all of these 'fat free' things could be trouble. what? Remember when they were all getting fat off of fat-free yogurt on Seinfeld? Good thing it's just TV. I thought.

Now it's just this known thing. And while I don't have any intention of cutting grains out of my life EVER, and sort of think it should be illegal to... I'm pretty sure they don't HELP with the post-baby goals.

I wish I could go back in time. Before I ever knew that. Because all I want to eat right now is this bread. And not sliced thinly with an egg white and tomato. I want it thick, with butter and jam. A lot of butter. And then I can't decide if I want just butter or butter with jam, so I have one of each. Thanks a bunch Sheena.

1 comment:

Amanda Petersen said...

i love your blog! you crack me up. is it bad that WHEN we eat out, we base our location off the bread basket? my husband eats whatever he wants- we "share" an entree- but what that really mean is that i eat 1+ bread baskets all my myself and call it good. sometimes dessert can be thrown in. only if there wasn't enough bread...