That made us laugh. A little short and chubby for now. I'm sure it's a phase. :) Like mine.
I've officially plateaued. I can't believe I'm recording this, but I always appreciate the specifics in my old posts for comparing pregnancies. And if I don't write something here, it's lost forever. I gained a whopping 50 this time. Maybe like 46 officially, but pretty much 50 since I probably put on 4 or 5 as I "prepared myself mentally to GET pregnant".
SO--- I lost 25 in those first couple of weeks. And now I've gotten on the scale a few times in the last 2 weeks at the gym, and each time... it's the same. It's official. I'm on the very flat top of the highest mountain. I think it's time to switch to skinny cows. :(
Back to Finn.... hmmm.... at one month:
-He's still sleeping in the bassinet in our room. I think the girls were out by now, don't know why we're not as anxious. Maybe because our room is bigger in this house? It just seems so much easier to nurse him in my own bed at night.
-He sleeps pretty good, I wake him up and feed him at like 10 or 10:30 before I go to bed, then he wakes up once around 4am to eat. The girls come in a little after 6 which is the worst part for me.. I think I hate the morning FAR more than the middle of the night.... at least at night, you still have hopes for more of that delicious sleep. But at least he keeps sleeping 'till 8 or so. And the girls are pretty self-sufficient with netflix on our iphones. :)
- Just like my girls, during the day, he eats about every 4 hours. I've never really had to feel that totally overwhelmed-- nursing-all-day-long feeling. He's done in about ten minutes, and clearly (if you saw his thighs you'd know) it's doing it's job.
- He's sweet and easy through the day. But he is getting a little needier in those FEW hours a day when he's not sleeping or nursing. And I feel this confused mushy brain in my head think--- what do I do with you if your not sleeping or eating? Just HOLD you? I want nothing more.... but that means my arms can't do anything else--- not really realistic right now. Hmm.... luckily those stretches are rare. Maybe it's time I learn about those wild new baby slings everyones wrapping from their head to toe.
- Taking him places is still a piece of cake. He just stays cozy and sleepy in his car seat the whole time. We did church for the first time last week and he would have stayed snuggled in there the whole time, but I didn't want his schedule too off, (and we have a brand new building with a clean and peaceful nursing lounge and I had a dark-chocolate strawberry zone bar in my purse :)) SO......... we snuck off and we both ate.
- He's got horrible baby acne right now. Poor guy.
- Everyone seems to think he looks like Mila. Some say Sophia. People rarely say Ross which they ALWAYS said with the girls. (Figures, now that we have a boy.) I hear ME a little bit. I'll have to do a comparison post some time soon.
- This doesn't really fit in the bullets, but it's funny. Sophia the other day told me "maybe you have ba-sheens in there" what? "ba-sheens in those... (pointing at... well you know) that make the milk." ---- oh-- machines. maybe.
- We are all still obsessed. I half-way feared it would wear off with the girls... but it certainly hasn't. They are SO excited to see him every time they come home from school-- and so anxious to help. They ADORE him and it is so darling and genuine.
- I still wish I could spend the whole day with my nose tucked in that place between his jaw and his collar bone.