Monday, October 12, 2009

This is why I love my neighborhood... even if it is out in the boonies...

Off to Sunday dinners with friends.
And can you tell by the fact that we're outside without our swim suits on, that our weather is... cha-cha-cha-CHANGING!!! My windows are open right now. Well one at least. My blinds are drawn before 11 (well that's just because we happen to have clouds today)... but it's coming. And you might have to hear it often... because I LOVE this time of year... and when my body-temp is cool... I want to shout it from the roof tops. But I won't quote Zee every time. Even though I want to.

p.s. Sophia is the Star Student this week in her class. So she got to take Steve (monkey photographed above) home for the weekend to take on her adventures. I loved it, but had a little taste of what it might be like to have kids with homework.... trying to get her to help me fill out her poster, write in Steve's journal, and print up photos of him on our normal old printer. I think Ross thought I was ridiculous spending so much time and energy thinking about where we should take him all weekend so we'd have good stuff to write... but it was so fun! Like she's in real school doing this fun project---I think it was way more fun for me than her.

It used to TERRIFY me that my kids would be in school some day. But I think I'm into it. Phew.

1 comment:

Lizzie said...

wow. still terrifies me. maybe i can send tanner over to do homework with you and sia.