Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Trying out a couple of nearby spots:

sophia's field colllage uncropped

ps DSC_0145 I'm constantly complaining to Ross about where we live. It's not conducive to beautiful pictures. Or at least not the kind I want. We don't have fields full of wheat or corn or dandelions. We don't have groves of trees that make beautiful messes in the fall. We don't have the beach, or the snow, ANYthing in bloom really besides bougainvillea, or much of nature in general. We aren't a big city and so don't have awesome urban backdrops, but we're not a small town with a quaint, run-down 'main street' with brick buildings and peeling paint. We are the desert. We have dirt, and palm trees, lots of golf courses and man-made stuff. We have some awesome modern architecture in Palm Springs, but it doesn't really do ME any good. So this was my attempt at a field in the desert. It's right down the street from my house, mostly, it's a patch of weeds surrounded by dirt. I shouldn't have told you... could you tell?

I feel like I'm getting carried away with posting pictures on my blog. So much that I'm not finding the time to write. And I don't always keep up on the normal stuff (like the stuff that happens at night time when it's too dark to take pretty pictures). I started a private photo-blog a while back that I never really updated and I think I'm going to un-private it, and start keeping most of my photos over there, because lets face it, it's really hard for me to discriminate and these posts can get pretty long. So this was my attempt at "just a few". There's more from this "shoot" on MyPhotoBlog.

15 comments:

Jlowryjr said...

Very good Lillie. Very good indeed.

Kara said...

Absolutely gorgeous, and I'm totally jealous. I think my favorite of all of them is the middle one in the top collage. You are super talented.

Kimberly said...

You are getting really good. Not that you weren't good before though. Practice makes perfect though, right? What lucky children. They are going to modles when they grow up, they are gonna know exactly how to strike a pose when a camera is pulled out.

Christin said...

Oh you capture beauty everywhere. How I wish you lived closer.

Christin

Lizzie said...

Probably my favorite pics you've ever taken. Love the upper middle and right pics of Sia. The lighting is awesome with clouds in the sky (so freaking rare here).

So I gotta ask...did you ask if you could take pics with the truck, or did you just do it?? = )

Erin Marriott said...

Oh my gosh you take awesome pictures. I love the girly frill next to a rugged field! And I LOVE the old car, it looks like it's right out of a PB kids ad or something! And Mila, I can't believe how big she's getting! Both your girls are so beautiful, I love the huge one of her. I'm sorry to hear about your back problems, that's horrible and I can't even imagine. Sounds like your friends took good care of you! Love you!!

Lindsay Griffeth said...

All I have to say is that your desert is MUCH better than my desert. I love the old car and the field that doesn't look like weeds. I don't even have that!

Kodi said...

Wow Lillie. Those are amazing! Love the field (is that really right by your house?), love the car and of course LOVE those gorgeous girls!

TnD said...

Have you taken photos at the fountain of life in Cat City. I took my fav pix of Claire there.

Jeanette said...

Hey Congrats on the "new" wheels! :) These are the best so far!

Jeanette said...

Hey Congrats on the "new" wheels! :) These are the best so far!

Kelly said...

Lillie I grew up with Sarah Medley and came to your blog through hers. I have loved all of your photography posts! I'm just getting into it myself and I appreciate the tips you've given out on your blog. I also love your style (all, but I was meaning photo style). Keep them coming!

I would have never guessed this was in the desert. Love the old truck pic.

Lindsey said...

Hi Lillie, I also grew up with Sarah (and am Kelly's sister who just commented). I am guilty of lurking sometimes and have to say that you take beautiful pictures! These photos in particular are amazing, I think.

moliver said...

I here ya! I have a feeling El Centro is worse. I took Logan one time to the train tracks and to a feild with a bunch of hay bails. You really miss beautiful scenery when you're trying to take pictures but it forces out your creativity and I think you've done awesome with that! Keep up the good work.

Sarie said...

That's IT! I'm commenting again. These are such great shots! I can't believe how beautiful the sunflare is in that one of her far away in the grass. so amazing. I'm starting to work with manual a lot for exposure and I am also discovering all the things I don't know. But it's all very exciting at the same time.