Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Guess who's birthday is TODAY?!
I'll give you some hints:
- She's deliciously chubby
- Doesn't care if her face is covered in snot, in fact, would much prefer it to the remedy. (I'd sort of forgotten what a nightmare that is since Sophia now makes me pick even the most invisible booger, and then says "your fingers are too big mommy.")
- Has an asymmetrical three teeth on top, and has for some time-- who doesn't love asymmetry?
- She laughs the hardest at her daddy and her big sister
- She snuggles most with mommy
- She scoots around on her bottom blissfully, and a little violently, in the bath tub as if to say "look at me! No hands!... sloshing and tipping every which way. I can't quite describe it, perhaps I need to get back into video...
- She knows what she likes and makes it very clear with garbled words, shakes, and nods... isn't it amazing how much more aware you are that they are TOTALLY communicating as babies with your second? Or maybe that's just me. But the conversations feel natural this time around. You know?
- She rolls her eyes at me (practically) when I try to feed her something pureed and orange-like, much more into people food, mostly the good stuff like cheese and avocado, berries, pasta, pizza, chk. nuggets (gasp!) --- and mama's milk... all of which probably help explain bullet #1.
- She is a squishy little bundle of all the wonderful baby things. She challenges me mostly when she's sick or tired or hungry... who could blame her? If I could cry and cry when my body felt off and have someone come to the rescue... I SOOOO would.
Any guesses? hah.
Happy Birthday to my sweet one-year-old, Mila.