Sunday, November 02, 2008

From the mouths of babes...

I hope this isn't inappropriate to put this on my blog-- but tonight was the first time (with me) that Sophia wanted to say the prayer all by herself and I thought I might want to remember it. It went something like this.

"Heavenly Father, thank you for this day, and for church (those were with my lead of course... but then) NO I DO it mysewf-- and I go to circle time (at her preschool), and Daddy fix my bed, (she doesn't really do consonants at the ends of words so it's more like be-- ) and I play with toys, and Mila play with toys, and Daddy fix the wall (???), amen."

Hmmm. Not sure if they were requests... or expressions of gratitude, but it was darn cute.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

So so so sweet. What a sweet prayer. That is exciting when they say prayers without help. It is always funny to hear what they think.
Also, loved the cute ladybug costumes and pictures. You are a very talanted photographer. Seriously!!

S.A.S. said...

adorable. i still can't believe she's old enough to talk, let alone insist on saying her own prayer. what a sweet moment that must be - to kneel down with your toddler.

Lacy said...

So cute!

Lindsay Griffeth said...

very appropriate.

Nate folded his arms for the first time during a prayer at church yesterday! Oh, the little things they do. :)

LOVE your new heading.

Jlowryjr said...

I really liked this.

Joseph told me he was going to be a "monster truck missionary."