Monday, October 29, 2007

One Last Costumed Rendezvous

So this past weekend was our last little jaunt to San Diego before the baby comes (officially scheduled for Monday, Nov. 19th at 7:30 am!!) Ian and Tere threw the biggest one-year-old birthday party I've ever seen for my nephew Cannon at their new house in Bonita, and since Sophia has decided not to leave her crib and we decided we didn't have the energy to push it, we ran to Ikea to get a cheap second crib for the baby. It was a quick, productive, FUN weekend. Every time we're with my or Ross' family, I so envy those of you who live close to family. I'm sure there are challenges, but there sure are perks. Sophia's just a happier girl with so many people to love and play with her. And so is her mommy.


So the party-- unreal. As you can tell from the otherwise seemingly unrelated picture of Sophia as a fairy, it was a Halloween birthday party. I was excited to get to try out her costume. How cute is she? The part I wasn't so excited about, using the wig/wing combination I've used twice before, this time as a big, pregnant mama. It didn't go so well with my figure, I don't think I'd go for the banged bob if I gained 30 pounds for good... but it was my only last minute sort-of costume. The wig lasted about 4 minutes in the heat, and then I was just a pregnant chick with wings.





So here are some more pictures... (out of order and just to mention a few:) my brother Ian as Donald Duck (I didn't get one of you Tere!) with little Cannon post-skunk costume, the reason for the party, the cutest pair of bumble bee wings I've ever seen on an adorable little girl, Sophia, happy as can be while collecting candy from one of the FIVE piƱatas per Papa's orders, Ross as... did you guess it? ... Clark Kent! My very own Superman, :) and of course, below, Sophia with Pocahontas and the sheik (sp?) , (or the terrorist when he had his dark glasses on outside)... also known as Nana and Papa, the people that made my weekend so carefree while they kept my little girl SO entertained. (Ignore the Sophia camera-scowl) She really does ADORE them, just refuses to do the "CHEESE" thing. Thank you Nana and Papa!


9 comments:

Unknown said...

I dont' think I've ever seen a picture of your mom--she is beautiful! Sophia's costume is awesome because it's pure little girl and then she refuses to smile. I love it. The bob looks great, I can't believe how soon you will have two!

Holly said...

I don't know Lillie, I am kind of digging the short bob and china chop bang look. Sophia really is just adorable no matter what she does:) scowl or no scowl. I am glad that you guys bought yourselves another crib. No doubt a move that you will not regret. It will just simplify things. (as simple as they can get with a newborn in the house,eh?)

Kodi said...

LOVE the costume! She looks darling!

Lindsay Griffeth said...

How fun! I love Sophia's costume! She's a doll....

Becky said...

sophia is so cute in her fairy costume. your mom and lacy are like twins to me. i remember that wig of yours from college. i loved it then anad i love it now. you can totally still pull it off, pregnant and all. you are going to be delivering your baby on mine and zac's anniversary. almost to the hour, we were married at 8am. crazy huh? good luck with everything.

Missy said...

Totaly countdown Lillie! Less than three weeks and you'll be a mother of two...hooray. I can't wait to see this little girl.

And Sophia's costume is cute, where did you get it? Love the crocs too.

The rlmmmmcaress family said...

I think you are one of the few people who can actually pull off that hair. Pregnant or not, you have the coloring & face for it. Ross pulled off the Superman/Clark Kent look rather well- must be the shoulders. Sophia looks great - kind of impish and elflike, which is a good combo for a fairy. She must love getting all the candy.

S.A.S. said...

Ah, that wig brings back memories of us dancing at the brown brick house on University Ave. Still love it. Ross as Clark Kent - what a perfect idea. And Sophia's pinkist fairy costume is prize-worthy. She's adorable! I'll bet she rakes in the goods for being so cute.

AMY AND MIKEY said...

you guys look so cute- and I thought Ross was so funny with the superman! That was really funny Sophia is so cute- and I love your wig.