Monday, July 27, 2009

Who'd have thought?

I don't usually take well to sexy teen dramas. Something (clearly!) is very wrong with the concept. So maybe I shouldn't confess this--- but honestly, is it possible that one little show on DVD can make a girl so happy?

It's sad I know, but I've discovered that my happiness is directly related to the shows we're watching. I know this because when summer-tv hits, I get a bit of the summer-crap-tv blues. If my day's dragging, AND we're trying to eat healthy, AND there's nothing good on at night, WHAT am I supposed to look forward to? So the little things just bum me out a little more and days seem endless. Especially when we can't step foot outside without shriveling like the wicked witch.

I know there's an anonymous out there somewhere that wants to remind me that moose-tracks and hollywood-derived teen-romances are NOT the true sources of happiness. And I'm well aware of that (in fact, does anyone know how I get one of those cool buttons that says "I believe" and links to the church's website?), but I'm not kidding when I tell you that I've been so HAPPY lately... with this show to look forward to! I'd seen previews before and it did NOT appeal. But since it came from a good source, and we were desperate, we decided to give it a shot. It took me a few episodes to really get in, but now it just might be one of my favorite shows. Maybe even EVER. The acting, the characters, the southern-drawls.... I hear the music when Ross puts the DVD in and I'm a clam. A happy happy clam curled up in the couch with my computer on my lap. Kind of makes me want to move to a small town and grow my hair super long.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

I'm with you Lillie. So good.

brooke said...

I guess we are going to have to join in on this one too...I just don't know where to find all the time.

Kelley Hauck said...

My favorite! But Ryan won't watch it with me.