Saturday, September 06, 2008

It's true what they say, the pictures, the thousand words, etc... but words are still pretty darn cool.

I'm officially blogging from our NEW computer. I love it. I'll have to take a picture of it. It's white with a blue swirly pattern, super cute, the screen's a little bigger than our last, glossy, and the best thing? We don't have to shove a tube of Desitin under the chord to keep it plugged in just right at all times since a) the battery actually charges in this one and b) if it weren't charged, I could at LEAST count on the plug working properly. It was a bad set up with the last one. It couldn't leave it's spot on the kitchen counter so I was constantly bent over or dragging a chair across the kitchen. Lame. o.

So regarding the post below with oh so many pictures and no words... it was SO fun. At least as fun as the pictures make it look, maybe more so, depending on your ability to be emotionally manipulated by pictures. But it was so fun.

The plan was to do Ryan's Grandpa's beach house for the weekend and then a three night getaway in one of Marriott's villa's in Newport. "Why move to a smaller place and waste a day in transit?" our genius Kodi asked, once we'd gotten settled and cozy in our four bedroom beach-house. So we stayed.

We played at the beach, swam in the pool, played tennis (or sort of ...Kodi and I stood next to our husbands, in a slight squat, ready with our quick feet, just in case they dared to include our unpredictable swings here and there... still super fun :)). We watched a movie, had plenty of space for our kiddies and us to sleep, talked politics (so fun to say honestly since they're more interesting than ever and I actually do, on occasion, take part), ate treats, watched the girls dance to Mylie Cyrus and the Jonas brothers (Kail's four. Four-year-olds are really cool these days, Sophia has learned some killer ,wiggly moves from her), stayed up into the ridiculous single digit hours of the night/morning (well only in the 1's... but for parent-folk?...) playing Dominos and Pictionary and eating chips and guacamole. We enjoyed the beauty of the SD temple (got it in her head pretty good that she would get married there some day like Mom and Dad:)--mission accomplished), lots of yummy take out, and Shamu, marshmallow cookies, and Polly Pocket for Sophia's birthday. Fu-un. :)

Oh yeah and we got pedicures, which is why I included the otherwise average photo of our feet in the sand. And yes, (thanks Lacy- for giving me away with your comment) mine are the ones with the freakishly large gap between my first two toes, and a shorter second. Don't ask me how I've managed to remain completely comfortable with this pair I was dealt amongst some relentless teasing from my dear sister (and you Ali, if you're reading). I almost didn't post it, realizing my gap did look particularly spacious that day. But whatever. Let's get to know each other just that much better.

So the trip was the bomb. If you have kids, please vacation with friends with kids, it's so much more fun. Thanks Ryan and Kodi! We'll just pencil in a Del Mar 2009 trip. What do you say? Hypothetically-- just to be prepared... when might that be? I mean if you're going again, and chose to invite us... I mean, just in case. Well, I'll just pencil it in. Did I already say that? I promise to put Sophia in a pull-up for her nap... maybe just a round about date?....

6 comments:

Sarie said...

Yes, let's get comfortable. The other day I purposely DIDN'T post a picture of my foot because I hate my toes. But this gives me hope because mine are way worse than yours.

Lacy said...

Awesome. How perfect.

Jlowryjr said...

I may never look at your feet the same way again, except to comment on the spaciousness.

Kodi said...

I wouldn't pencil in a 2009 beach trip. . . there's still plenty of time in 2008! We DEFINITELY need to do it again soon. It was all way too much fun. Wish we were still there! :)

Portia said...

I love all the cute pictures of your trip! It looks like you guys had such a great time! Thanks again for the great time at your house this weekend...your place is beautiful! And I am still envying you your awesome camera!!

Erin Marriott said...

You are so funny about your toes! You have cute feet, mine are so much worse, I have a huge honk'n big toe, and then the rest go down in a slant. Sounds like you guys had such a great time!! It makes me miss the beach, (I guess now it's only 2 hrs. away, and we do try and go every once in awhile) Sophia is growing up so much! She looks so old to me in these pictures all of a sudden! Your girls are so precious.