Thursday, August 21, 2008

Nothing has to do with anything else... just a few pictures and words...

I just keep telling her, "if you've got it baby girl, flaunt it."

In case you haven't seen enough of my dining room, ;) Lizzie and Shad are moving and were getting rid of their table. They decided the smartest way for them to do it was donate it and get the write off, but it didn't particularly matter which table, of our two, they donated. So we traded first. I loved ours. It was a hand-me-down from Byron and Kim, a once white oval PB table and chairs that she had painted black. But it only seated six at most, while this one is a big square that seats eight, has six chairs and a bench, and fits our dining room better. I'm loving it.

And this morning is a big morning. I'm 99 percent sure that I am indeed going to keep my appointment with Kim and go get Sophia's hair cut, like really cut, like bobbed. :0 I'm super nervous, just because I don't want to regret it and I'm loving her pony tail lately. But I'm only loving the pony tail lately. When it's down it's a constant stringy battle between her will and my hairbrush. And I'm so tired of it. I'm really hoping a bob will do us some good. Wish us luck.
Oh yes, and it is official. Well officially her first level of crawl, but she's crawling. She's still pretty content to stick around a home base for a while, but when she really wants something, with one hand in front of the other, one knee reaching forward, and the other leg sort of dragging behind, with lots of stopping and sitting up for a moment in between, she can get there. It's super cute. I got it in video, but don't know where the chord is to get it here. Maybe lata---
Oh and.... anyone feel like a carrot?
I've discovered (I think you told me Kodi) that she actually EATS them when their big and huge and fun. The little ones are so old news. This is gross looking and unpeeled but she wouldn't let me at it.

14 comments:

alliehoopes said...

No comments yet?! I must type fast.

Bob..bob...bob. Do it!! I don't know if I've fully shown off Lily's super short a-line bob lately enough but I love it. It looks better more of the time than when it was longer. And bobs open up a whole new world of cute clips. It's wonderful. And I think bobs get more 'how cute' comments than long hair because long hair is just a struggle for littles.

Also....

I'm still happy looking at your dining room (if only slightly...okay, lots jealous). But it looks SO good and fancy I kind of feel like I need to look through PB to make sure you didn't just scan a page from there. So I've decided to not really believe you until your dining room pictures show that nudie bum plopped on the table.

Sarie said...

CUUUUUUTE! So cute! I have wanted to cut Ruby's hair, but so many people tell me not to! But I want to! It would so fit her personality! And Grace asked for bangs today. I don't know if I'm ready for that. I love the photos! And Mila's bum? GET OUT. So CUTE!

Jeanette said...

Lillie - I enjoy learning about your likes and dislikes, I feel like I'm getting to know you more than I did before.

Holly said...

Loving all of the randomness. I have the same dining set in the oblong and I love it!! It is a woderful, warm set. I just chopped Chloes hair and regretted it at first. In fact I blogged about my remorse.=) But, now....every morning when we have less tears it is sooo worth it. How adorable would Sophia look in a bob. I say jump in!

Lindsay Griffeth said...

I've never met ANYONE as lucky as you who INHERITS so many COOL pieces of furniture. Seriously.

And you have an actual dining room.

Doubly jealous.

S.A.S. said...

Amen to Lindsay and the furniture comment. Who GETS this stuff for FREE? Wait until you see MY couch... and Craigslist table... and... seriously, I don't think I'll own 'real' furniture until I own my own house, so we'll see you in Colorado in 5 years.

Can't wait to see the bob.
Still jealous of the table.
Oh, and I eat my carrots like that: I call them 'what's up Doc' carrots.. and leave them unpeeled (more fiber). Just give them a good scrub and they're fine!

Oh, and your comment on my blog? That's it exactly - so we had the same experience. ha. Can't wait to hear more. xo

Missy said...

Unpeeled Sarah?

I'm SO with the others though -- how do you inherit so much furniture from those around you and next time you think of donating something can I be on the list of "receivers"?

Your home is gorgeous. I still need more pictures Lillie. And that first photo of Mila? I LOVE her - I just wish I could have held her for longer in Utah.

Missy said...

PS: The bob? I go with this debate every so often with Avery's hair. I always end up doing the bob and then it grows out. So totally go for it! It will grow back on her and either way she looks beautiful.

Jenie said...

I've had so much to catch up on... you've had quite the summer and I love all the pictures! I have to add that I'm going to hang out at Lizzie's more because I'd love any piece of furniture in her house. I love your table. I covet it a little bit, but it looks wonderful in your dining room. I'd have to move a lot of toys and some of our haphazard office furniture to fit a table into my dining room anyway, so I guess I won't feel so bad. :) Love the wedding pictures (I told you I was behind) and I had a great time looking at that "I'm so blessed" blog. Thanks for including that. Love, love, love Mila's bum and I think we look the same. (probably too much information) Fun to catch up with your life!

Erin Marriott said...

Oh I LOVE Mila's bum. Alli's starting to get the cottage cheese bum, and I love it. And I really love your new dining room table! Wow. How nice it must be to have furniture 'hand me downs', and I love how you dispay everything. I loved your old dining table, but this one, wow. And Sophia's bob, you'll probably cry like the first day, because I did when I got Lillie's done. Then it started to grow out, and I ended up loving it. It's just hard at first, not being able to do the pony tail thing, and her hair ended up being in her face a little bit. I had to side swipe and pin alot. Sophia will look so cute! Excited for pictures.

Audry said...

That bottom is just too cute! I love it!

Rebecca Smylie said...

How come every other post is about you getting awesome furniture? Okay not really, but I'm dying to see that home in person. I cut Adelaide's hair yesterday. It's like a loss of innocence. But I admit, it looks so much better. (The mullett was a bit...much.)

Rebecca Smylie said...

How come every other post is about you getting awesome furniture? Okay not really, but I'm dying to see that home in person. I cut Adelaide's hair yesterday. It's like a loss of innocence. But I admit, it looks so much better. (The mullett was a bit...much.)

The rlmmmmcaress family said...

Clicking on your blog and then being greeted with that pic ... I don't know if you will ever be able to put up a new post. By now, since this post is sooo old, she probably already has the bob. So the pictures are probably being downloaded as we speak. But I am just not sure about losing the bum pic as the opener.