Monday, August 04, 2008

The beginning




I know I know, Sarah was even MORE gorgeous than you could have imagined. What a magnificent bride. So I filled my memory card far too early in the trip, burned the first few hundred to CD to free up some space, thought something seemed a little fishy about the CD but little by little, deleted precious photos of Sarah's wedding from my card while I crossed my fingers. Just got home this morning from week in Utah/weekend in San Diego, popped CD in computer and it can't read it. NOOO! So so sad. So I'm siphoning some photos off of Missy's blog for the temple part. Of course I started deleting at the beginning, so I only got rid of the MOST important photos. Boo. All of the above belong to the lovely girl below. Thanks Missy, cutest pregnant mama ever. (You can't see her belly here but just trust me.)



Our desperate attempt at a family photo in a moment of rain reprieve (sadly my hair had already been sacrificed to the pony tail and my necklace already broken.)
Missy's number one, Avery, "golfing" on the damp grass after the storm.
Sophia, not too happy about the storm. :(

Can you tell who's who? People say we look alike. Rebecca thinks we look most alike when we do this face. We discovered it in College. Obviously I'm posting it on my blog so I can boast of ANY similarity with this girl. She's superb. If you haven't read her blog, you really should.

There's too much to say, but I need to start somewhere (with so many pictures to share) and promised myself I'd rest a little during the girls' naps, so I'm off. But we're home and missing everyone you're going to see all over my next few posts....

8 comments:

Lindsay Griffeth said...

Soo sorry to hear about the missing photos but so glad you had such a good time! You just got me REALLY excited for Laurel's wedding!

Anonymous said...

Check out the web for free programs to recover deleted files. I heard from others that they work. Good luck!

Michelle said...

i kinda feel like i know SAS because of the blog. therefore, SO HAPPY FOR YOU SAS, such beautiful pcitures!

i also kinda feel like I know many of your other closest buds, because of blogging, in which case: gals, the next time a wedding brings you so close to my folk's house in AF and I happen to be visiting, please, LET ME BABYSIT your little ones during the ceremony! It's a date with me and some beautiful girls...although boys are invited in the future.

And lillie, so happy you don't mind the in person me. OUR visit has been a highlight of my trip so far. you are one in a million.

and finally, gorgeous dress! love it!

Christin said...

Oh that picture of the family is cute. Mila cracks me up. She looks terrified. What did you do to her?

Christin

Kodi said...

Lillie you look gorgeous. I LOVE your dress, great choice. Glad you had such a fun time. . . really glad you're back! :)

Kimberly said...

Um okay, too funny but I recognized two girls from the temple picture. One of them was a really good friend growing up. How funny!

Erin Marriott said...

Oh, GEORGEOUS pictures. And so sorry to hear about the non-existing pictures! I hate that. So, I totally feel like I should've been invited to SAS's wedding...little does she know we're actually great friends, you know:) No seriously, I kind of feel like I know her through your blog, and I think she's such a doll. I always love hearing about Sarah. Congratulations, Sarah!! You're a beautiful bride...and Lillie I can't get over your sexy sexy legs in that dress! I bet you knocked Ross's socks off!

Missy said...

You and Rebecca...I miss seeing you two on a daily basis. It felt like we were together much more time than just a day and a half (but it was throughout the whole day that made it so much fun). Thank goodness for Sarah that we all congregated into one spot:)