Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Sci-fi for non sci-fi fans...


I finally finished it. And I'm in mourning. I hate the days right after you finish a good book and keep remembering that the story's ended. These friends you've made have just STOPPED existing. I miss them. All of them. Especially Ian. I loved Ian. I don't know what the general consensus has been, if it compares to the Twilight series etc.... not even sure what I think on that question. I just know I loved it. Especially the last couple hundred pages, that's when I truly couldn't put it down. I'm not really that kind of reader, (hence the gap between now and when I received it--- Mother's Day). I'm mostly like a read-on-the-elliptical kind of reader. And since I'm like a 20 minute cardio kind of girl, that can take some time.
So luckily, the fourth Twilight comes out relatively soon and I can at least be reacquainted with those friends. Fun books. Anyone have any really great reading suggestions while I'm still in the mood, between now and then?

7 comments:

The rlmmmmcaress family said...

Hi I also have read The Host and I also love Ian. He is one of the first people that are nice to Melanie and ends up falling in love with her. I am glad you liked it because I have also enjoyed it. I am like totally pysched about the fourth Twilight book can't wait.
This is written by McKayla Caress

Jennifer said...

That's funny, I finished this book yesterday and I was very grumpy that it was over. I enjoyed the book as well. It was a fun adventure, and it really seemed to draw me in to that world.

The rlmmmmcaress family said...

Obviously, from the first comment, someone stole my book right off of my bedstand. Now it is my turn. Glad you liked it. No offense to my daughter, but I wanted the opinion of someone slightly older than 12.

Lindsay & Weston said...

I'm reading it right now!

I read Something Borrowed in hawaii . . . it was a good read. It will help take your mind off the Twilight characters. :)

Adria said...

I loved this book as well.

Lowdogg said...

Atlas Shrugged. Light Reading

Grant and Alyssa said...

Hi! This is Alyssa (Lindsay's sis-in-law...who met you in Palm Springs...yes, the one who admittedly blog-stalks :-))

I just finished the Host yesterday and have been totally depressed too!!

If your looking for a wonderful author, with quick, happy, elliptical-worthy books, check out Shannon Hale. She too, happens to be LDS, and I LOVE every single one of her books. In my opinion, start with "Goose Girl." Happy reading!! :)