Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Photoshop?

So ever since Ross got me my Digital SLR, I've had so much more fun with pictures of course, and I've gotten into the habit of downloading them right into Picasa and increasing the contrast a little there. Sometimes I think I get a bit carried away and probably have super grainy pictures since I'll try to make bright something that never had enough light to begin with. Anyway-- I've always wanted to learn photoshop-- still do-- can't afford the new one anytime soon, but have some old CS version on my computer and thanks to Allie (I know I've mentioned her plenty of times before-- if you check out her bright and colorful photos, you'll know why), now I have her Curves and Vignettes program which means that without understanding ANYTHING I'm doing, I can Allie-fy my pictures a little bit. Here are some before and afters:



Oops, I erased the before on this one...





Here's an example of one where I went a little crazy on the eye-brightening and didn't realize 'till I'd already saved. Thought I'd throw it in. :) A little crazy huh? With Mila's tongue out and their eyes so white? Or is it just me because I know I did it? If I really KNEW anything in photoshop, it'd probably be really easy to take off Sophia's scab huh? Maybe even fix Mila's hair-do. :)


Just thought I'd document it... the more I learn, the more depressed I am because I realize there is SOOOOO much to learn. I guess that's not depressing...

11 comments:

Lindsay Griffeth said...

I am SOOOO in your boat! I want SOOOO bad to know everything in Photoshop but, I don't. How about this . . . you learn from Allie and then you can teach me a few things here and there. :) Your photos look great!

MnS said...

Lillie,

You are very talented photographer!!
I am impressed with your skills. I am sure that you have great numb chuck, bow staff and computer hacking skills as well. Ross and I were going to go up to Alaska to hunt wolverines, I think you should come along.
Mark

Christin said...

those are so fun.

Anonymous said...

Hi! I promise I am not a stalker, just passing through the blog vine and came across your blog! Your pics are so cute. I use Allie's stuff too, and just wanted to say that for the scab on your daughters forehead, and other blemishes, you want to use the Clone Stamp tool. It is in the tool bar and it looks like a stamp. Select it and hold the cursor (it should look like circle brush, size it a bit bigger than the scab) over a piece of her forehead (next to the scab) that is not scabbed. Hold Alt and click. Now move over the scab and click again. It should disappear.

And sorry for using the word "scab" so many times on your blog. :)

Audry said...

Your girls looks so much a like and you are a great photographer.

Jlowryjr said...

I'm pretty demoralized by this post. Are there no secrets left in this world?

Jlowryjr said...

Also, scab.

TnD said...

Lillie, I just found your blog through Shari's. I hope you don't mind me peeking. Your pics are lovely. We have Photoshop for Dummies if you want to borrow it. When I am unpacking boxes this week I will pull it out for you, but it looks like you are off to a great start!

Missy said...

I'm sure you want photoshop Lillie, but you totally don't need it. Your photos are gorgeous either way...

Whitney or Kevin said...

scab

Unknown said...

What are you talking about. All those pics are amazing. The whole time I am thinking. How does she take such great photos. You are awesome.