Monday, March 26, 2012

Hungry for Hunger Games


It's Monday.  And I just don't feel ready for it.  In fact it's almost 4 pm on Monday, and I still don't feel ready for it.  We couldn't get a sitter this weekend, which is a regularly scheduled and essential part of our weekend (apparently, since I'm going batty).  And now I feel like I'm suffering from lack of rejuvenation and total and utter depression that I'm like the only person on the planet who hasn't seen The Hunger Games.

I usually don't worry about seeing a movie when it's new. I read and loved the Twilight books but lost interest in those movies the second I saw Kristen Stewart and her overly shifty, downcast eyes and irritated expression in a preview.  We still haven't seen the last one... or two... I don't know.

But The Hunger Games.. I think it's the only book I've finished in just a couple of days. I'm not that kind of reader.  There are too many other things that steal my "free" time, sadly, and I don't make reading as much of a priority as I wish I did.  I'm so sad when I finish a really great book, but it takes me a long time to get into another one and sometimes a long time to get through the first half of whatever I finally choose before it really pulls me in.

The Hunger Games was a serious exception though, like it is for most.  And was such a fascinating, fast story.  From what I can tell so far, I LOVE who they've cast in most of the roles... and I especially love the face of Katniss... I'm a little nervous that Peeta might look too little-teenage-heart throb- and less .... like he does in my bread-scented dreams..... just kidding.  But I haven't heard anyone complain, so maybe I won't feel like that once I've seen it.  I'm dying.  I think we'll have to do a week-night date.

The photo? Just because.

4 comments:

Coordination Queen said...

You're not the only one... I haven't seen it either. But I already have the babysitter scheduled for Friday night and told Jake that he has to be home from his trip in time to shower before our date. :)

Mindy said...

I insisted that I would see it but of course my three kids thought otherwise. I read all 3 books in one weekend. I get kind of obsessed when I start reading a good book. I too always feel a little sad when I finish a book.

Christine said...

He is adorable!

Jlowryjr said...

Katniss survives...