Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Californians for a Cure

Getting the word out.  

Did you know a YES vote on prop 29 will raise the cost of a pack of cigarettes by $1 and DEDICATE that money to cancer research?  

Doesn't it seem absurd that the Tobacco industry has won a fight to raise taxes on cigarettes 14 times in a row, and we haven't won once? 

I think it's a no-brainer.  Even if I was a smoker, I think I'd still think it was a no-brainer.  It's like telling me that the price of Oreos is going up, and the extra money will be used to help with childhood obesity.  And I actually like Oreos (who doesn't? Who can't finish a row on accident with a glass of milk?)  But I like children more.

My friend, Missy started a blog about it. (Prop 29-- not Oreos.)  She's awesome.

Also, here's the official site.


1 comment:

Missy said...

thanks for spreading Lillie! a cause worth fighting for...xo!