Monday, December 07, 2009

... The Old Man is Snoring....






It's true. Rain. All day long... so much I'm almost ready for a reprieve. But then I remember that this one day has to last me through the rest of the year (more or less) and then I'm counting each blessing again... one raindrop at a time.

Sophia didn't want to be in the photo with her hot chocolate... can you tell? she's not doing her normal neck-scrunch and smile or on-cue laugh I've taught her so well. She was sad--- she doesn't like the rain. She likes it hot. We have debates about it all the time. It's strange to me that she'll be raised (at least for some memorable years) in the desert. And she just might be one of those people that loves the heat and hates the rain. I'll have to come to terms with it. I LOVE chilly air, puffy clouds, and mostly... VARIETY. So today... even though I washed my hair yesterday and it got ruined on my preschool pick-up... and even though Mila only took an hour nap and will spend the rest of the afternoon begging to go outside--- I LOVE me some rain.

Speaking of love. It's Christmas time.... can you believe it? I wish there were 2 months between Thanksgiving and Christmas so we could anticipate it just a little longer... (and prepare for it... for those of us who procrastinate for a living.) I haven't bought a single present. But the tree is finally up (even if it is DWARFED and a bit toy-ish in the vaulted living room of this house), and the stockings are hung, and we're writing to Santa tonight for family night (that's a whole other blog post... I never believed, did you? A bit nervous about years of lying to my children)... and trying SOOO hard to relish each moment before I blink ----------and it's over.

I love this season!!

7 comments:

Lindsay Griffeth said...

We're having a rainy day in our desert, too!

Love your Christmas decor . . .

kkmom said...

Raining here too! Love it for a change, but not when I have to drag 4 kids out of the house.
I love how your house looks like a potter barn magazine. Wanna come design mine?!

kkmom said...

oops I meant pottery barn.

Jlowryjr said...

I'm still trying to find out if there is a potty barn catalogue, for higher-end and overpriced portable bathrooms.

Michelle said...

I'm glad you got to my tree post first! because I was going to come over here and write something like, "In talking about your DWARFED tree--have you seen mine?" :) perspective is everything, my lady.

thanks for the lillie in my life today! :)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the rain. LOVE it. And great photos--- Love the rain on the window.

Sarie

Audry said...

LOve your Tree, that is the vision I had for my tree. But my ribbon didn't make it up this year. :( There is always next year right?