Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Family Night



It started last night with these. I've been SO in the mood, lately, for the summer hamburgers and hot dogs (I'm not really a chicken-at-the-barbecue kind of girl-- I used to be in denial about the hot-dogs, but I've come to terms with it. Hi I'm Lillie and I'm a mystery-meat lover.) So in case you needed to know one more reason why I love Fresh and Easy, I've got two. Their hamburgers and their buns. The hamburgers just grilled up perfect for me, and the buns... FIT! I hate hate hate the too-big-buns (I'm talking bread, but I do hate having too-big-buns myself, so, boo to big buns all around... well not if you've got some-- hooray for your big buns, but it doesn't suit me well... breath... anyway). Not only do they fit the burger but they're a little dense and a little sweet, and when TOASTED, just super good. Remember to toast.

After burgers we did a little of this:


Or at least Sophia and Ross did while I snapped some blurry pictures through the netting. Which reminded me, ever since I got this fun, new camera, I don't do much getting-in-front-of-the-camera. And as much as I LIKE that these days, I know some day when my books are all printed up, I'll want to have been documented cheek to cheek with my kids too. I don't want them thinking I didn't play with them or something, or that Ross was some sort of single-father. So I had Ross take a few pictures:


And I quickly remembered why staying behind the camera was all in all a good thing. (Nice of both of us girls-- thanks Ross.)


Here we look a little better. Not much... between my roots, Sophia's mane, and Mila's Mr. T,... but better.



And I just still can't get over their trifecta of ocean-blue eyes. I love love love each pair. I'm feeling a little weak in the gene department. Ross seems to come out on top on most accounts. It's a good thing he's so cute.












18 comments:

Unknown said...

Mila is so beautiful. You have such an awesome family. I am so excited about joining this. So I can keep in touch with you.

You are so funny. I am such a meat girl also.
Love your blog. It is so so so cute.

Lindsay Griffeth said...

Those burgers look HEAVENLY. And I'm with ya, I'm all about a hot dog and a hamburger on the grill. I'm glad you filled me in on Fresh n' Easy. I'll be going there next time for my meat and buns.

The picture of Ross and the girlies and their big blue eyes is amazing! Love blue eyes.

And by the way, you look FABULOUS. You are always so skinny and look great. Please share your secret one of these days.

Julie said...

My son accidentally got onto your blog while trying to get to ours because our last name is Biesinger too. I heard my son say, "hey they have the same countertops as we do!!" YOU DO!, underneath those juicy hamburgers! (I just ate a frozen patty myself - not that great!) I've been to your blog before and I think your family is adorable! I'm guessing you're in California, so I don't know if our husbands could be related somehow. I, too, was lacking in the gene department. I decided that I have no genes! My kids look like my husband's sisters more than they look like me! Maybe it's a Biesinger thing! Thanks for the fun!

VERN said...

Is it weird that I took a pic of my dinner tonight and now I don't want to post it because it seems like copying? Oh and you so skinny already. Totally not fair! Two years later and I'm still using the "baby weight" excuse. Hmm, maybe I should start exercising but then I'll just most likely use the heat as my excuse. Oh well, mango tree anyone? :)

Jlowryjr said...

Mr. T. That's awesome.

I saw your Dr. Seuss face there.

Audry said...

I love that last shot of the girls and Ross.

Sarie said...

Hooray for big buns. I am lacking in that department, I have very flat buns, but when I'm pregnant.. different story. Anyway, cook me one of those burgers, man they look delish. And that picture of you is so cute. Who are we without a baby on our hip, right? Love your blue-eyed family.

Marnie said...

hey when are you going to call me back? Miss you
Marnie

forget laundry said...

hi lillie- my name is hillary collette and I have been reading your blog... I don't think I have ever commented and so I better let you know! I knew ross's brother zach and am from the same area as cassie and jordan gardner/ the biesingers and found your blog and just love your cute taste, beautiful pictures, writing style and music. so there it is: my confession. I know it's lame- but my blog is private. you are welcome to check it out if you emailed me for an invite hillarycollette@gmail.com. or to tell me you only want people you know reading (which I would also totally understand:) thanks lillie. have a great week. -hillary

Michelle said...

do i see some avocado in there? my favorite! next time try grilled pineapple too, so so good.

your life makes me smile. :) thanks for the lillie shots.

Missy said...

I have this strange thing where I really like hot dogs (lots of them!) during pregnancy. Probably why I have big buns. And while I don't believe that YOU have big buns, I liked that I thought we bonded over that one point for a split second until I realized that you are back to a skinny-mini when Mila is a mere six months.

Get in front of the camera more. You are so cute with your girls Lil.

koko bean..... said...

Lillie I have to agree with you I love Fresh and Easy. I love having it just down the street. Cute pictures. Those blue eyes are so beautiful.

Holly said...

Lillie, you are GOERGOUS!! (Even in the silly picture.) I too am a Fresh & Easy fancier. Those burgers made my mouth water!!

The rlmmmmcaress family said...

I don't want to embarrass you or anything. but do you realize all your recent posts are about food?

Nathan and Emily said...

Oh why oh why don't I have your camera to take pictures of food. I would show my dinner guests the pictures first then feed them.

With ya on the mystery meat. After I saw Supersize Me I thought yeah, McDonald's sounds good.

Becky said...

those burgers look so good. i think i need to bbq tomorrow after seeing those beauties. yes, i agree this blog needs more photos of you.

Kym said...

I'm so proud of you for taking pictures of food. I love that! They look fantastic by the way.

Kimberly said...

Fresh & Easy buns are THE best. They are small, but dense, have a great sweetness about them, and are fantastic grilled. We see eye to eye!