In the spirit of feeling and sending some positive vibes-- to fight the Monday blues, (and for me, this HORRIBLE weather I'm trying to survive) a few things that I love:
- This new song on my list at #1. I'm sure I'll be sick of it next week, but forget to change it on my blog because my computer's too often muted. But for now, I'm loving it.
- Fresh and Easy-- I know it's been done-- but don't know if I've mentioned this reason. HALF OFF whatever expires that day. I'm LOVING it. Trying to fit it in in the morning when there's bound to be more selection. Today I got tomatoes, blackberries, the precooked chicken I can freeze and pull out whenever I'm desperate (and I usually hate precooked chicken but this is different, it's like I cooked it and stuck it in the fridge, still not quite like fresh, but not all bouncy and weird), hamburgers (hooray- pretty sure I've mentioned how I liked those, and we're having the missionaries from church over for dinner tomorrow), and some marinated kabobs for dinner (which reminds me of a very funny FOTC clip on my Bro in law, Joe's blog if you feel like laughing.... "...the most beautiful girl I have ever seen with a keBAB" check it out. ) I'm sure I got some more stuff, but I think you're done reading about it. Oh and tack on one of their $5 off coupon. Almost made me forget it was Monday.
- These new West Elm chairs from my sister, Melisa!!!!! I am absolutely in love with them. Thankyou thankyou thankyou Mel. We've all been eating in a row at the counter. Not great for dinner conversation. And honestly rounding the corner that enters the kitchen and seeing this flash of color makes me SO happy. Even on a 110 degree Monday morning. (We got a couple of other things from her, but I'm going to have to wait until I make them look cute in the room before I post them. I love love love love siblings with good tastes and hand-me-downs... I really am so grateful....)
and now that I've got the chairs, I'm finally loving:
- my white ikea cheap, cheap tulip table. I was worried it looked too cheap. Now I love it.
-Nursing. Mila won't take a bottle, just like Sophia wouldn't. And I like how I say "won't", as if I gave them any choice. I would love the freedom to leave for a date before 7 or run Saturday errands with no deadline, but I just can't make myself put energy into pumping or working on the bottle thing when I LOVE NURSING. I guess that's just what I get.
-Speaking of nursing-- you know what I really love? When one of her loose hands finds my skin and her fingers tickle my side and it feels intentional. Like she's saying I love you. Like real affection. Like the reciprocation has started. I LOVE that.
-Open faced, avocado, turkey, and tomato sandwiches, (but the avocado has to be squished on the toast, not just sliced, and the tomatoes cannot have been refrigerated. And plenty of kosher salt. I like being able to control the bigger granules in my fingers. Yum-- I'm eating one right now.
- LONG naps from my little ones.
Speaking of..... didn't get that particular love today... they've each woken up during this post which does remind me that I love:
- when they wake up from naps. All sleepy eyed and snuggly, and GORGEOUS. (Why don't we look better than ever when we wake up like they do? ) And Sophia sits so carefully with Mila and plays with her "here you go baby" giving her all sorts of toys that she doesn't know what to do with, and then takes them away "no no baby, can't play that"... but all very sweet... because she's just woken up. I love that.
And now it's 3 pm, so maybe Tuesday will come pretty quickly and all will be well with my mental status. Wish me luck. And perhaps a breeze.