Wednesday, May 14, 2008

? ( I hate titling)



















The last two are not with the new lens, just your average 18-55 mm, and were way darker before, I brightened them a ton in Picasa.... if I can get my kids to sit in one place long enough, I think I'll do a comparison of the same shot with two lenses. It really is crazy how much brighter they are on the 1.4. However, I think I need to realize that an f-stop of 1.4 isn't exactly designed for a 5 person photo... unless you want some out of focus. How do you experts learn to change all the settings so quickly when kids last like 3 seconds?

Now if I could just tame Sophia's hair for long enough and get the flood gates to close on Mila's poor runny nose, I might have my models back for full camera-obsession mode.
How do you like the one of Sophia's sad eyes? That's how she looks just BEFORE she goes buck wild throwing a tantrum on the floor. I can handle that moment, so I caught it, it's the 20 minutes after that are not so cute.

We got a quick visit from Nana and Grandpa B. on Monday afternoon, which is always wonderful. I looked forward to it all day. A change in our routine, Sophia got to play and play and play (it's no wonder where Ross got it, his dad can play for hours too), I had Nurse Nana to help me take care of my poor little sick one, and we got a yummy dinner at Outback-- on them!!! Thanks mom and dad B! We love when you come.

8 comments:

Lacy said...

Lil- love the pictures! I am so glad that this hobby of yours is really taking off! We are hanging some pictures that you took of the kids when you were out here! We love you guys and can't wait to see you very soon!

The Blodgett Buzz said...

Lilie, it's so true that the new lens is what makes all the difference. I've had to figure out that the low fstop does not work well with lots of people too. It is so fun to figure it out though and then when you get the one awesome picture it is the best! These look great and so do your girls and of course the Biesingers are so cute.

Sarie said...

Loving the new lens! Great job! If I'm doing one person, the F1.4 is ok. If two kids, usually need at least F4 or 5... if doing more than two, F10 or so and deal with the background being fairly sharp. I just leave it on Aperture priority mode the entire time and switch it pretty quickly.
Seriously, don't you LOVE the lighting with that new lens?? mmmmm yes.

Jenie said...

Looks like your birthday present was well worth it. That picture of Ross and his dad together holding the girls is so cute and you can definitely tell they're related. They have almost the same exact expression on their face. How fun!

Hepworths said...

oh my gosh, totally coveting the new lens. those blue eyes!!! they are amazing.

Unknown said...

How about you title it: I"m still awesome at taking pictures. Also, I realize that you wrote, I hate titling, but maybe I read Tithing. I was all sorts of ready to use the comment section to bear my testimony.

Christin said...

I love the patch on top of Mila's head. Too cute. And I'm so glad someone else's kids throw tantrums. I thought it was just my kids. (:

Missy said...

I LOVE your blog Lillie. It is so fun to read and SEE photos. You are so good at it, I'm ready to book a session with you.