Wednesday, May 21, 2008
At Six months old...
- Smiling like crazy... with her mouth, her eyes, here nose, her forehead. EVERYTHING on Mila smiles when she smiles... I love it.
- Always making noise: humming, giggling, gasping, doing that funny sucking in thing while she smiles... like a form of laugh
-Spending a lot of time in the excersaucer and the Bumbo-- I don't know how I didn't need these the first time around but can't imagine life without them now!
- Always trying to get something in her mouth, and yet she refused to take a binky. I think she's teething, she's stuffing the whole bottom of her dress in her mouth as I type.
- Loving her big sister. Sophia can make her smile and laugh doing just about anything silly or nuzzling her face. They really are "playing" (if you can call it that when it involves a 6 month old) now, at least interacting and keeping each other company. I didn't expect any level of that until later, so I'm LOVING it.
- Drooling and blowing all sorts of spit bubbles like no body's business.
-Still spitting up like crazy. No I haven't cut the dairy yet. It doesn't seem to bother her, :) and apparently I'd rather stink of curdled spit-up all day than experience life without ice cream.
- Still sleeping pretty great at night. She'll go down before 7pm but she's up early now along with Sophia, (they both wake up at 6:00. :( ) She goes back down for a nap within an hour of that, but besides that one, her naps are really hard for me to be consistent with, since we have to get out of the house for Sophia. She takes a couple of little naps later in the day. Maybe only an hour each. Not loving that. It's getting harder and harder to time it so they might sleep at the same time. I really loved my breaks.
- Got the coolest hair.
- Usually got both hands up in the excersaucer and bumbo with "spirit fingers" going like mad. (Is that what they were called... fingers extended, wiggling rapidly?)
-Full of SO much light and happiness and exuberance and curiosity. I knew I loved babies but she has just hit a stage that I could not have possibly remembered how much I loved. If so I think I'd keep them coming so I'd always have one this age. She smiles at me and her eyes get big and SO happy, then she looks away really quick like she's shy and snuggles in my neck. I'm in love.
Six months really is SO fun. I think the first time around I was more anxious for everything, crawling, walking, etc... I thought of 8 months as the lift-off age. This time it feels like just before 6 months things got super fun. You just can't find much to be bummed out over when you've got a chubby, little, blue-eyed, mo-hawked angel, with one dimple grinning at you most the day.