Wednesday, February 27, 2008

3 months old



For the whole scrapbooking thing--- This is Mila at officially 3 months old (well... 3 months a week ago.) She's:

-Super fat (as illustrated in the photos)
-Still cooing...
-Smiling like crazy ( I think she's more generous with gummy grins than Sophia was.)
-Sitting in the bumpo (as illustrated in the photo)
-Actually looking up at the chirping birds and mirror in the swing
-Possibly noticing her little hands
-Nursing a total of 5 times a day
-Going cross-eyed a lot when she focuses on something too close (for some reason Sophia never did that)
-Sleeping about 11 hours at night (seriously w/o a peep) and taking a killer 3 to 4 hour nap in the morning, plus normal ones later (I'm sorry I keep bragging about her sleeping, please don't boycott my blog Michelle, Lindsay, Rebecca, Christin...and anyone else with a baby) -- but what can I say? 3-month-olds aren't good at much so I figure I'd better give her some credit! Plus I know it has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with me, since I thought I did Babywise with Sophia and realized after reading it again that I really didn't-- not quite disciplined enough, so I figure I can brag on Mila's behalf.
-Weighing in a little under 17 pounds (at least she was a few weeks ago)-- 99th percentile for weight, 90th for height.
-Enjoying her first haircut- that's right, I couldn't handle the black tips reaching for the stars, so I gave her a little trim--- I know it's a bit of a flat-top right now, but I seem to have very little say in the matter, It's. Standing. Up.
-Loving little raspberries on her cheeks.

15 comments:

Audry said...

How sad is it that you baby weighs more than mine and she is 6 months younger? She is really cute. Iove those cheeks.

Rebecca Smylie said...

No chance I'd boycott Lillie. I love it when you brag about her sleep. Since Addy is only six weeks, I just figure that in six more weeks she'll be doing the same thing...right? So Mila offers hope. And smiles--I love how big she is and can't get over her perfect mouth,

Watts Family said...

Holy crap she looks like a girl version of Ross! She is so cute, Lillie. And you used to be worried that your kids wouldn't be very cute? I am missing that baby stage... but not quite ready.

Michelle said...

annie weighed 13 lbs 13 ozs at her four month checkup last week. I'm going to say it's those extra 4 pounds carrying mila through the night, if that's okay. annie went 7 last night though (okay with a binky help at 5) so we're getting there!

you're wonderful, don't worry I will never let my jealousy of all that is lillie keep me from loving the heck out of you. :)

Lacy said...

Lil- love the haircut! She is so cute and huggable. One thing about your babies is that they do like to sleep. Enjoy it! How is Sophia handling the whole baby thing?

Missy said...

You HAVE to make it out in March. I can't stand seeing her on my computer screen and not being able to reach out and hug all her chubbiness.

josh, erica, nora, wells, evie and stella said...

That is pretty amazing sleep for a three month old- definitely bragging material! No, you don't know me from Adam- or, Eve in this case, and I hope this doesn't make me an official stalker, but I stumbled upon your blog a few weeks ago and was completely charmed because your adorable little girl reminds me of mine in some small ways. Nora doesn't turn two til april but ironically, we have a baby due this summer which we're not sure is a girl but have a hunch... don't worry, the similarities end there. I don't live in california, nor did we just buy a GORGEOUS new house, but I wanted to say thank you for such a beautiful journaling contribution. I can't help but check back on your blog every few days. My husband teases me non-stop when I say 'I wonder what that cute family in california is up to...' but with one snow storm after another in this miserable boston winter, I'll take a little sunshine where I can get it! Thanks for spreading yours.

Lindsay Griffeth said...

Yep, she weighs more than mine, too. :) Maybe that's the trick to getting them to sleep? You have to have the extra pounds?!?

Like everyone else, my jealousy of your sleep-filled nights won't keep me away from your blog!

Christin said...

OH MY HEAVENS!! how I love those cheeks. My girls are starting to get them now. You want to eat them don't you?

Christin

The rlmmmmcaress family said...

Two words: kissable & yummy.

Jlowryjr said...

Two other words:

neuropathy & anthropomorphic.

Sarie said...

I want to reach through my screen and give her a huge squeeze! I just have a thing for chubby babies with rosy cheeks...

Julie and Kyle said...

NO WAY!!!! i found you... i dont remember how either! Looks like you have been busy. Your girls are beautiful! Im adding you to my friend thingy... take care- Julie Rose

Julie and Kyle said...

okay, i re-traced my steps. my old roommate heather and jb- to her friends ashlee and todd- to you. i was just scanning through names of her friends. wierd huh?!? yah, i get all the comments to email.

thats funny that you said that about you on a jog. thats the last i remember of you too. i was with my then boyfriend, now hubby. yah, its been a while!

i still talk to ryan. i saw him in San Diego 2 weeks ago when i was there visiting my parents. he is married and lives in san bernardino. -somewhere around there. he is great.

this is so fun to catch up! where are you living now. i can tell its in ca, but not sure where. -im jealous!!! i live in BEAVER UTAH!!! kill me now. -not really, i quite like it. k- way long message! talk to you soon!

Kimberly said...

I just want to squeeze those little cheeks!