Monday, August 20, 2007

Monday

(Sunday Night Movies)

It felt like a busy weekend. Probably because we had to give talks on Sunday and no matter what I do to prepare, I never feel relaxed until it's over. Friday night we took Sophia to Pick Up Stix and frozen yogurt. There's something about going out as a whole family that I LOVE... even if Sophia is a little crazy, incredibly sticky, and full of mostly yogurt and very little chicken when it's all over. Saturday we went on a real date with our friends Ryan and Kodi to dinner AND a movie... a rare thing these days (fitting in both.) We had to start at like 4:45 to do so, but we got to see The Bourne Ultimatum which, to no surprise, we LOVED... and Sophia got to hang with, not just a babysitter, but also Kodi's two adorable little girls of almost 4 and almost 2 in their fun house with their fun toys. Felt like we all won.

So now it's Monday and I'm feeling like this week will fly by as quick as the weekend did. I had a dentist appt. this morning :( mostly because either I'm going through a pregnant/quarter life chrisis, or my teeth really are rapidly changing from straight to saber-toothed after enduring braces as a kid. Ahhhhh! So I found out that for a mere $700 I wasn't planning on spending... I could get some spring- something-or-other retainers that might help the problem. *Sigh*. If only I were under 20 and Ross' child instead of wife, insurance would cover a bit. I guess they figure, phsyically it's all down hill from here anyway so if I want to keep my smile I'll be willing to pay for it. (*Another longer sigh*.) What to do.

On a happier note, tonight I have a MUCH NEEDED hair appointment. Figured I was just hating my hair lately because of the twenty pounds that's probably managed to change even that (my hair.) But then I realized that I'd accidently gone about twice as long as I usually go for highlights. Maybe because it's summer and it's either in a bun going to the pool, or in a pony going to the gym. But I'll be so happy to be refreshed tonight. (*Good sigh*... like the kind after a drink of cold lemonade. )

Another piece of good news is that I leave on Wednesday to go to Laguna Beach to stay with my sister... Yay!! It's really about time, she's lived in this house for several months now and I've yet to even see her furniture in it. And with her decorating sense, that alone is reason enough to make a trip out there. So Sophia and I will have a couple of days to play with Melisa and Heath, and then Ross will come down to join us Friday night. Saturday we head to Oceanside to meet Ross' family for our week at the beach which I can't wait for since Ross will be off the whole week and the house is RIGHT on the sand which means pure convenience for all day play plus easy naps... etc. Not to mention a whole week with cousins, grandparents, aunts and uncles for Sophia to play with, two nephews I haven't seen yet, a birthday to celebrate (Sophia turns 2 on Sep. 2nd) and hopefully Missy and Avery (and Devin??) will come meet us for some fun in the sun?!! (Without the triple digits.)

Lot's to look forward to. But wait, there's more. Remember how I live out in the boonies with NO shopping whatsoever. GUESS what's coming to my neighborhood? I'd never heard of it either, but the structure's up, and I saw a sign so I googled it, and I'm SOOOO excited.

7 comments:

Kym said...

I'm SO excited about the new store on our side of the freeway!! Its time for something good for us over here. Have fun on all your trips!!

Lindsay Griffeth said...

Your upcoming trips sound perfect...have a wonderful time. I've loved reading your posts ~ I love reading about what you're thinking about....what you're up to...etc. They are the best.

The rlmmmmcaress family said...

Lillie . . . I'm not cheating on my dates so much as I'm trying to accurately date my trip for posterity. Although it is a good trick.

Ryan said you and Ross did a great job on your talks. Sorry I missed that.

As for girls, liking pretty things is in the x chromosome.

As for the perfect mom syndrome, you got me. I promise not to lecture you anymore. By the way, Rey-Rey turns three just days after Sophie's B-day and I have used 15 pairs of panties today because I refuse to buy anymore diapers. I will not cave. I will not cave. I will not cave. By the time you get back, I will hopefully have some happy news with regards to this obstacle.

Jill M said...

Lillie,
Laguna Beach is my fav!
I hope all is well with the pregnancy and your family. I think you are a cute prego and am glad that we pseudo know each other via blogs and Sarah.

S.A.S. said...

Lil, what a fun week you have ahead! I can't wait to see the pics of Melisa's house and Heath with Sophia. Let's see the new hair too... isnt' it amazing how something so small can make such a big difference? And are we due for another belly shot yet? I swear the other one was just yesterday....

Happy for your new shopping. Remember how we feel most productive when we're running money-spending errands? Ha. Cute pic of Soph and Ross. Have a great vacation!
(let's talk broadway shows SOON!!)

Michelle said...

I had to laugh as I read your post with a newly acquired spring-loaded retainer in my mouth. :) yep, believe it. I too went through a very similar crisis a few months ago, and although I could only fork out the moola for one, I feel like at least I'm doing SOMETHING to stop my two front teeth from crossing over each other. :) pretty funny that I'm not alone. aren't retainers for 12-year-olds? what the heck!? :)

again, this life of yours...so fabulous. have a great time with your sister, although I'll miss the interaction. hopefully it will be a great take-your-mind-off 26 weeks kind of thing.

are ross and sophia watching baseball in the picture? by any chance? :) that's what my boys look like when enjoying the mariners.

so much to say...love you! ;)

Missy said...

Your new store looks wonderful. And wait, how come you say that nothing is in your area - aren't you the home of all the outlets? But, really it does look like the perfect Good Earth type place. Loved that store in Provo...and that you worked at it.

So so excited to see you guys!