Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Collages framed ??


So I really like them--- but I really wish they could be crazy big like the pinterest inspiration. They look even smaller than I thought they would. And even SMALLER in these photos for some reason. They still make me so happy when I pass them since there are so MANY fun moments and memories tucked in there. But I'm thinking I should print them larger and take out the mats.?? Which I'd thought about, but Costco doesn't print any larger than these 20x30's and the price goes WAY up to do a 30x40 at the printing labs I've used. Hmm...

I've had a few people ask about how I did the collages. I made the template in photoshop and then plugged in my photos... of course I've saved the unmerged file without my photos. If someone can tell me where to upload it so others can download it, then I could get on that-- in case anyone else could use a simple grid template for their photos. You'd have to have some understanding of layers in photoshop or elements. I think it would work just fine in elements too??

Anyway--- anyone know how I make a PSD file available for download?

UPDATE--- I learned how! here are the links--- someone let me know if it doesn't work.

And PS. There are easier ways to make a collage through picasa for picnik... etc... I like being able to customize and have a bit more control. But it is a lot more work.



instagram collage 20x30.psd

Tips for instagram collage.docx

13 comments:

Unknown said...

I would love that template if you could figure out how to upload the file! Where did you get those beautiful large frames??

Amanda Petersen said...

LOVE THEM! i'd love a template... i'm kind of a moron and need all the help i can get:)

Amanda Petersen said...

LOVE THEM! i'd love a template... i'm kind of a moron and need all the help i can get:)

the splendid life of us... said...

I have heard of taking a digital picture to a copy place and asking for a "contractors print" (I think that is what it is called) I think it is usually for printing blue prints or such. But it cost like $5-$10 for a huge print. I haven't tried it so I could be totally wrong.
I also would love access to a template like that.

Coordination Queen said...

I was going to suggest the same thing as mama b. I don't think the quality is as good as what you'd get from a photo lab, but it is a lot bigger...

haili hunter said...

picnik.com you can do a collage for free, and it's SUPER simple.

PS. I love all the natural lighting in your home.

bee--u--tee--full

Melissa said...

Would love the template too! Also, I'm in love with the outfit you wore in your Christmas card. Would you mind sharing, if you remember where you found your shirt and pants. I'm tall like you and pants are such a pain to find! Love that you are blogging more. It's so fun to check yours!

Karolina Zarychta said...

Hello Lillie ! Please send somehow template.. maybe you may use http://www.sendspace.com/ it's a very good website to upload any of your files you wish to share.

Great work !

Lillie said...

Thanks for the tips! I'm totally going to try the copy place idea....

Bri, I got these frames at Ikea. I've always done their ribba, but this is a new one they've got and I like them better. Not quite so modern and ikea looking... you know?

Melissa! I got those jeans at Target! I've never found a pair of nice skinny jeans that I liked. I bought some from Jcrew for like 150 bucks and then found these at Target right after for liuke 25 or something. And I totally preferred them. I have a pair in gray I like even more. I also really like the rock stars from old navy but they're definitely not made for our height... so I pretend they're meant to be cropped. :)

The shirt... I think I ordered on Ruche.com? Thanks for likin' my outfit. :)

Kristin said...

These look great! Love.

Kelly said...

These are awesome. Thanks so much for the files!

Unknown said...

Hi Lillie, I'm a friend os Ross's from high school. Found your blog through another friend from hs. Thanks so much for the templates, love it! Quick question...when I got them printed at costco the quality wasn't very good. Even on my good photos, they seemed blurry. Any advice? Thanks!

Unknown said...

THANK YOU! I just made one and sent to Millers. I can't wait to hang it. I posted your info in my blog as well =)
http://www.melissajphotos.com/blog/2012/07/22/things-i-want-to-remember/