Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Goodbye to my cute Activity-Day Girls!


In our church we receive "callings"--- this refers to our job, or responsibility in the ward. When we first moved into this ward, I was called to work with the 8-11 year old girls for Activity Days. They didn't have the program when I was a kid, so it was all new to me--- and I knew from the beginning it was a dream calling. A party every other week at my house where we got to do crafts and other activities with this sweetest age of little girl?? Don't ever release me!--- I thought. But I just got a new calling with the Young Women, the 12-17 year olds--- and I'm THRILLED. And it's just a matter of time before each of these cute girls joins me.

Our last activity was a Mother's Day party--- hence the mommy photos above--- thought I'd give a peek to my girls. :)

5 comments:

Christin said...

What a cute idea.

Rachelle@atticgals.blogspot.com said...

Activity Days is a dream calling. Maybe I should start living right so I can get that kind of calling.

You'll do great with the YW!

Alysa@atticgals.blogspot.com said...

I keep putting my name in for that calling but the bishop won't take my name. What's up with that? You did a super job. Thank you sooo much for doing this for many years. WE loved being with you and being in your home. These pictures are adorable. Look how much the mothers look like the girls. It's so cute. Thanks again for being so awesome! Love you!

Lindsay Griffeth said...

You are PERFECT in both of these callings! The YW are so lucky to have you.

moliver said...

I bet your girls will miss you but you're perfect for YW, they'll love you too. What a great woman for them to look up to.
P.S. I love the pictures.