Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The 'Romantic Getaway'

It's nearing midnight and I just don't know where all the time in my life has gone. I have so much in my head I want to write but can't seem to find the time these days. To some people, this blog thing is silly. To some it's used to document the most significant things. Some mostly for words, some mostly for pictures. Some are pure works of art. I'm struggling lately because I really love to write. I don't want to just squeeze in the necessary bullets, it feels good to me to write. Like really write. It's theraputic and really satisfying when I feel like I at least almost put into words exactly how I felt about something precious or awful... whatever, in my life..
But I also have my new love of photos and all that comes with that, which manages to take up quite a bit of time. (Check here to see the latest.) Then there's... you know... LIFE. my GIRLS. ROSS... John and Kate Plus Eight ... and lots of other very important things that fill up the minutes of every day. We're back in real life for one whole day so far and I'm already TOTALLY overwhelmed with the things on my to do list!! And my life is really good. 2 kids, not 8. No scandel. A new tan. And a hubbie who really loves me. Let me just say, everyone should get away sans those precious little kids. This was the most fun we've had together since... maybe ever. He was cuter and funnier than he's ever been. He made me feel cuter and funnier than I've ever been.
I never forgot that I liked him, or why I liked him, but as it turns out there were just bundles of new reasons to add to the collection. :) I'm feeling the urge to quote EnVogue... "what a man what a man what a man..... "... are you singing? you get it.

We suffered through a time share presentation that got so bad four hours in, ROSS got rude. you heard me right. Ross got rude. But it made for great conversation for the rest of our trip. There wasn't a day during the trip where we wouldn't remember over burgers, or in the car, or while we brushed our teeth, or watched John and Kate, one more lame thing Brian said. One more story that was clearly fabricated like the one where he unknowingly ate the peanuts that his nana had sucked all the chocolate off of (which Ross informed me was an old boy scout story), one more ridiculous extrapolation about how our marriage would fail just like the couple in his very credible three-ring-binder if we didn't buy a Lawrence Welk Time Share. I mean, he was quoting a laminated piece of paper. And I think my marriage is worth more than $3.86 a day. Does that really work on people Brian? Oh... what we'll do for a little incentive.
After that, we headed to Newport where we slept in, laid by the pool, ate a bunch of yummy food, wandered Balboa Island, rented bikes and road along the beach, ended up at the beach, laid out on Ross' extra t-shirt (it's amazing what you DON'T need to pack when you're without kids right? ... Saw Angels and Demons (pretty good... but they just never compare to the books of course.)... and lots more.. or not much more which is what made it so wonderful.... oh it was wonderful... and now it's after 12 since I've been typing like a turtle watching Bachelorette next to my sleeping husband.... and I think my muscle relaxers kicking in (I'm feeling my neck flare up today).... I may reread this in the morning and wish I hadn't hit publish... who knows... I'm going for it... enjoy our vacation in pictures.
Enjoying our Balboa Bar and frozen banana.. The banana... eh. The bar, YUM.
Yes, that's Ross looking at Newport Real Estate. We can dream right? Well then that house up top, that's mine.
Life is good.
We almost bought bikes... we're sold. It's just a matter of when now. SO fun.


I know it's been done (the phone-pic thing)... but not by me so what the heck. The mouth one of Ross had us rolling for hours. I still get that jolt in my chest when I look at it and like I said... I'm drugged....(I just reread this and peeked up at the photo again and that jolt escaped my throat again. oh it kills me... oh yeah and clearly, I found a new obsession with John and Kate plus Eight since TLC had a marathon on which is what I turned to anytime I turned the hotel tv on. They got me. The scandel got me. I'm hooked now. She really is a nightmare, but it's all so so sad.

Thanks Brooke, for letting me borrow every dress I wore while we were there. :) Who would want to wear their own clothes when they could wear yours?

13 comments:

Kodi said...

Looks like you had an amazing time! So great to get away and have fun together! And the camera phone trick. . . maybe I'm the only one who hasn't seen that, but I was laughing pretty hard too! Loved it all! And I'm glad you took the time to write it all out, I love hearing the details that you write so well! (It's almost like I was there, except I wasn't cause that would've been a little weird. . . :)

Jlowryjr said...

Definitely makes me question the timeshare presentation idea that Lacy mentioned to me.

Glad you had fun!

Lauren said...

Wow. You guys are adorable. Looks liks SO much fun. Great post. We are trying to plan something soon, but no ideas...

brooke said...

So glad you guys had such a good time away...can't wait to talk Jon and Kate, obviously I watch it too...and cold your legs look more amazing on those little red shorts? What I would give for some of those long/ thin babies!

Michelle said...

sigh...really, it looked so fun. i was hoping an update like this was coming along. it made me want to call you (like always) but it was 6:30am my time...were you even asleep yet by then?

you're GREAT! way to take fun pictures, and remind us all to GET OUT with our spouses and smile once in a while. loved it!

Lacy said...

Great pictures! You have gone so blonde- I love it. Yeah- I didn't set the dvr to record Jon and Kate on monday- what happened?

Unknown said...

don't get offended when i tell you that you look 14 in those bicycle pictures.

Sarie said...

Look so fun! Love that last photo, your hair pinned back looks so beautiful and I LOVE the sun flare. Just a perfect "end of vacation, end of day" photo.

Lindsay Griffeth said...

Oh man, what a nice trip! It got me VERY excited for my kid-free vacation in July. :)

And as always, fabulous photos. And you look great. Glad you had such a nice time with your hubby.

S.A.S. said...

A little sun-kissed lovin for the B's. I love it. The drippy ice cream bar, the bicycles, the time share guy, the Calla Lillies in chalk... a perfect getaway. Want to do it again in a few months with another couple? I need a little West coast time...

Crazy Lifferths said...

Looks like fun! I am DYING to know what Ross is eating. I hope it isn't a banana because those gross me out, but whatever it is looks yummy and my VERY PREGO body wants one!

Rachelle said...

Beautiful pictures! You guys look all shiny and new...like newly-weds. I totally spaced asking you about your fantastic trip. Remind me to ask you next time we see each other!

Risenmay said...

Ross ... were you posing?

Chris