Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Del Mar 2009

The quickest way to blog part one of our vacation: collages! SURPRISE!


So we started in Del Mar with the Smiths, where they have a family beach house. We got there Fri night, put our kids down, ate a bunch of mint oreos and talked 'till midnight while Ross snored on the couch. (He was getting sick.) Then Saturday brought breakfast at Pipes in Cardiff, and a nice walk to the beach where the girls threw rocks in the water for like an hour straight. Why oh why don't we live here? I swear my life would be so much better, my kids would be happier, our lungs would be filled with less dust. Ross is convinced our hair would be shinier, our clothing hipper, our bodies fitter, our testimonies stronger, everything... EVERYTHING would be better were we closer to the ocean.... We love the ocean. Who doesn't?

If you're answer is "me", don't comment on this blog, you're not a welcome reader anymore.

JUST KIDDING.

but not really. what are you? martian?

Saturday night we planned on going to a Padre game and doing the grass seats where we'd then proceed to get our $5 hotdog, cookie, popcorn, soda, and peanuts meal that Ryan was so excited about, (even though he's allergic to peanuts and despises the smell, he was going to take one for the team in the name of affordable dinner for all.) BREATH... but after paying for our $20 parking, (2 cars) we realized the tickets were sold out. bummer. So we wandered downtown, ate at Fridays (where we thought we were being so honest by telling the waiter he accidentally charged us $5 for our meals and he said... oops, just add it on my tip, so we did just that, still felt lucky, and then saw a commercial for Fridays that night where we learned of their very UNsecret $5 salads and sandwiches for a limited time. scoundrel.)


After Fridays, we stuffed every last nook and cranny of our bellies with GHIRADELLI sundaes... YUM. while the kids got balloon animals from the crazy dude out front. Not such a bad night after all.

Sunday--- La Jolla Cove. Few places in the world are better (in my opinion... and I HAVE been to like 15 of the 15 billion "places" in the world.)

I know I know... we're so lucky to have such great friends.... with family smart enough to buy a home in Del Mar a long long time ago. Some day Ross... some day.

13 comments:

Kodi said...

Somehow I just knew you'd posted these! I love them all, please send me some (as I didn't take a single pic)! :) Thanks for documenting the trip so well. . . we might just have to take you on all our trips! Thanks for the FUN!

Lizzie said...

Holy smokes Lillie, your hair is so blonde! I saw it the day you got it done and for some reason it looks different now. It looks soooo blonde. I love it...very summery.

Pictures cute as always and I agree about the ocean. It's such a part of my childhood, I wonder if it will be for my kids too....

kkmom said...

I agree about living near the beach... meaning.. like living less then 5 blocks from the beach ( we can only dream, someday). We were at Coronado and I thought to myself , we don't live close enough!

Unknown said...

Looks like a fantastic vacation! Your pictures are amazing and your girls are always look so adorable. We dream of living at the beach someday too but real estate still has a ways to go before that could ever happen!

Michelle said...

pigtails for mila! and as always, gloriously coordinated cuteness (even though I know you don't try...) and totally fun pictures.

this trip looked so fun. if i hadn't spent some time at a beach myself, i would have been way more jealous.

but still, wish our husband knew and dug each other so this sort of thing could be possible...someday!

Ashley said...

It looks like you had such an amazing time. I love how your pictures tell a story. And yes, I LOVE the beach. It is the single most favorite place of mine ever. Ever. I wish I lived closer. Funny story about the beach on my blog...

Rachelle said...

Sooo cute! I love collages, as you know! (and yes, if you see the time stamp, it is in the middle of preschool...but the kids are playing so peacefully and I had to check in with my Lillie-Lou!) Hope you have a great week. Love you, sweetie! Give your girls snuggles from Miss Shel for me.

Lindsay Griffeth said...

How fun are you guys! A beach house is my DREAM.

And you have me addicted to collages, too. They are so easy and fast!

Love your hair. And you're so skinny and beautiful! :)

Erin Marriott said...

Oh Lille I just love to read your blog!! Okay first on the list...Loved Loved LOVED the story of you and Ross and the whole dating scene, it's like I was there! I could totally picture you napping on some pushed together couch chairs, while he walks over in corduroys? (I love it!!) And the whole coming home from Hawaii thing, and you showing up on his doorstep...that is such a cute story!! (I too, broke up with Dan when we were dating) It's like some dating rule or something. You almost have to live without eachother to realize how unbearable life is without them. I remember you telling me pieces of how you met, and I'm so glad I got to hear the whole thing. You and Ross are just perfect for eachother, and I loved hearing all about your story. Happy Anniversary!! Okay next on the list....HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Oh my gosh I did not forget I promise. May 9th is fully engrained in my brain forever, and I actually thought of you that day. I got a new cell phone that erased your number so long story short I'll have to get it from you again. So hope you had a wonderful birthday!!Okay 3rd item on the list...well maybe there isn't a third but I just wanted to say how very lucky I am to know you because you are so talented, and beautiful and SO the real deal, and I love to come on here and see pictures and get my "Lillie fix!!" Oh I know what the third thing was. Okay, so I think you need to write a book. Because you write so incredibly well, and you describe and illustrate things so well, and you could be Lillie, the photographer slash writer. I would totally buy it. Love you!!
p.s. Oh no. This sort of turned into an email, not just a comment. Sorry.

Sarie said...

ps, that blue dress from target that sophia is wearing? I have the same one for Lillie. And she looks just as scrumptious in it.
xo

Karley said...

Lillie, I 100% agree that our testimonies would be stronger if we all lived on the beach :). Super cute hair!

moliver said...

I can almost feel the cool ocean breeze and smell the salt in the air. I guess when you're stuck in the desert your imagination learns to compensate and you can almost feel that lovely, moist air cleansing your lungs. Okay, I guess it takes a bit more than imagination to get rid of the desert heat and dirt but the pictures sure were refreshing to look at. Great post, Lillie!

Anonymous said...

Awesome pics!

You deleted your music! I always got my new favorite songs from your playlist.