Tuesday, November 14, 2006

My day of freedom...

My wonderful in-laws were here Sunday night and stayed all day Monday. They told me right away they were going to watch Sophia while I went and ran errands... it was the craziest feeling. I had like six hours to shop and run errands without Sophia. As much as I missed her, it was pretty amazing to drive without one hand delivering food behind my back to her, and shop without breaking into a full on sprint by the end of a 30 minute Target run in order to distract her and check out before the full melt down hits. It was such a nice day aside for the intense guilt I felt. I think being with these wonderful babies all day programs us moms: everything is supposed to be a challenge. Getting in and out of the car, carrying groceries, running into the store, going to church (AHHHHHH), focusing... on anything...etc... A day without challenges... it was just too easy, total guilt. But sooooo productive. Thanks Mom and Dad!

No comments: