Wednesday, January 21, 2009

For The Record

PS DSC_0145-2


I got this link from Allie, the photo-friend I always talk about. This photographer, Brenda takes a lot of photos on this seamless paper--- I found it pretty affordable online so I thought I'd try it out. What I didn't realize was that I think you're supposed to have the fancy, expensive stand to hang the roll of paper from. So I have it draped over my dining hutch, pinned down by a really heavy plant pot, and cascading over my dining table. It's a mess, especially now that Mila smeared her bribery-cookies all over it. And of course I love how Brenda does it, but I wonder if it can just look a little cheesy and too studio-y when you don't really know what you're doing and just try your best to copy people who do. :) Either way though, a fun, new toy. I'm sure you'll see more.

9 comments:

Lizzie said...

Your pics are looking awesome Lillie. Truly professional.

kkmom said...

That is so great Lillie, can I take lessons from you?! Seriously you need to give me some pointers! We have a nice camera and I don't know how to use it and with 3 kids when do I ever get to get away and take the class that was given to me when I bought the dang thing?

Sarie said...

There is no way anyone would notice that you rigged the paper, cause those are gorgeous. Looks like you're using lights, but I bet you're not. Great photos!

Jeanette said...

I want to see more pictures of Mila!!! (from the photo shoot!)

Michelle said...

gasp. so pretty. how can that be from a regular room in your regular house and life? so fun that you can get some fanciful happiness in too.

thanks for the comments. we need a phone call.

alliehoopes said...

Not cheesy. I think I made one of those cartoon faces when I opened it up. Like my eyes opened up wide and I shook my head a little. They look amazing! Now I need to copy that trick too! I love the tricks we have to do also. Yes, boppy with a blanket. Sitting on my legs. I think I had a knee under the hole of the boppy a little bit so he wouldn't slip down too far. I also love that I know the secret of just exactly how messy it sometimes is just beyond the border of the photo. But no one ever knows. Unless they show up to my house.

D-dawg said...

Lillie these are awesome. I'm going to have to try that paper out. I've seen it but didn't know it was affordable. I'm always assuming all photography stuff is unaffordable. Mila looks beautiful- great job!!

TnD said...

Beautiful. Stunning. When can I book you for Baby K?

Becky said...

oh my goodness. i can not get over first of all how cute mila is and second of all what an amazing photographer you are. wow. speechless.